WGN Radio’s Ilyce Glink and Tom Fortino from Alpha Wealth Group give you the latest financial business news and financial planning advice and more!
The Washington Post’s personal finance columnist Michelle Singletary, posted a column about what to think about if you want to retire early.
Singletary writes in her column that there are five considerations if you want to retire early (by age 55):
● Is this the right time to retire? (age, cost of living)
● What additional factors should I consider before retiring? (Social Security, income)
● What’s a reasonable withdrawal rate for my investment portfolio? (4% vs 3.3% in new Morningstar report because bonds return next to nothing.)
● Should I be worried about keeping money in the stock market after I retire?
● Do I need help from a financial planner?
If you’d like to get involved with the show, you can call at 630-934-1855. A member of Tom Fortino’s group will get back to you.