‘Jeopardy!’ to resume production Nov. 30 with Ken Jennings as first in ‘series of interim guest hosts’

News

UNDATED: Ken Jennings poses in this undated handout photo. Jennings finally lost on Jeopardy after becoming the biggest money winner in TV game show history, earning $2,520,700 over a 74-game run. The show was broadcast on November 30. (Photo by Jeopardy Productions via Getty Images)

CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — “Jeopardy!” will resume production on Nov. 30 with a series of interim guests following the death of host Alex Trebek earlier this month.

Ken Jennings, who holds the record for the longest winning streak on the hit game show with 74 wins, will be the first interim host, according to the show.

“Alex [Trebek] believed in the importance of Jeopardy! and always said that he wanted the show to go on after him. We will honor his legacy by continuing to produce the game he loved,” said “Jeopardy!” Executive Producer Mike Richards.

Trebek was battling pancreatic cancer at the time of his death. He was diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer and announced his diagnosis publicly in March 2019.

He had been host of “Jeopardy!” since 1984 and continued to host the show throughout his chemotherapy treatment.

His death prompted an outpouring of remembrances from viewers, entertainers, and world leaders.

Business News

More Business News

Political News

More Political News

Technology News

More Technology News

Science News

More Science News

Entertainment News

More Entertainment News

Odd News

More Odd News
More Home Page Top Stories

Popular