Cody somehow unexpectedly became a political writer when his post about Bernie Sanders went viral. Hear him discuss how it’s changed his life, including a surprisingly thoughtful discussion with Jon about politics and identity. Then, hear Jon go “FULL GAMER” and chat about the video game Sunless Sea.
- Jon insists on recording a promo for the GonnaGeek Network, even though the broadcast already started
- Current News – Cody wrote an article about Bernie Sanders and somehow became a political writer on the Huffington Post after it went viral on his web site
- Jon talks to Cody about the Iowa caucus, including Brian Williams and MSNBC’s coverage of the event and why he really hates CNN
- Life Stuff – Cody discusses how “going public” about his political POV is new territory for him, and chats about internet culture with Jon
- They talk about how and why politics are tied to identity and ideologies, and also tackle surprising facts about internet trolls and what motivates them to be so awful
- A Donald Trump supporter leaves a comment on this podcast during the YouTube broadcast, and Cody delivers a public service announcement to register to vote
- Full Gamer – Jon discusses the video game Sunless Sea and explains what audience would most appreciate the game
- Learn how to connect with us on the GonnaGeek Network, our YouTube channel, and more!
- Podcast theme song intro/outro credit: ‘Subterranean Kamikaze‘ by Sixto Sounds, zircon, via OverClocked ReMix (http://ocremix.org)
- Game/Life Balance AUS official web site: http://gamelifebalance.podomatic.com/