Get into the holiday spirit with some spirits. Celebrate holidays on ice!
Lou Manfredini, John Williams and Steve Bertrand will feature fun, festive cocktails featuring award-winning, farm-crafted whiskey from Whiskey Acres, Illinois’ first estate distillery.
Check out all the recipes we have highlighted here. Cheers!
Whiskey Acres Bourbon Slush – perfect for a party!
- 9 cups water, divided
- 3 black tea bags
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cans of frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 can of frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups of Whiskey Acres Bourbon
- Ginger Ale for a splash to finish
How to make:
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to boil. Add tea bags and allow to seep for 10 minutes. Discard teabags. Stir in sugar until completely dissolved.
- In large container, combine tea/sugar mixture, lemon and orange juice concentrates, water and bourbon.
- Pour into a flat Tupperware container and freeze for 4-6 hours, or overnight if possible.
- Serve using an ice cream scoop. Top with a splash of ginger ale.
Whiskey Acres Old Fashioned
- Lightly cover bottom of glass with simple syrup
- Add 6-7 dashes of bitters
- Twist in the orange slice
- Stir well
- Add ice
- Add 1.5 oz of Whiskey Acres Straight Bourbon
- Add brandied cherry (and a tsp of juice if you’d like it a bit sweeter)
- Stir for several seconds until the outside of the glass gets cold ENJOY!
About Whiskey Acres
Whiskey Acres grows all of their own, top-quality grain and distill their own spirits – barrel age and bottle it, too – all on the family farm located in DeKalb, just off I-88. Their whiskey has received numerous awards, and they even make a vodka from 100% corn. Ask for Whiskey Acres by name in bars, restaurants and stores throughout Chicagoland and southeast Wisconsin. Find out more at www.whiskeyacres.com.