[UPDATE] Voting for Round 1 has closed. Round 2 voting will begin later Monday morning and will go until Thursday morning.
Below are the winners, advancing to the 2nd Round of the Chicago Pizza Madness Tournament.
– Pequod’s over Dante’s, 82% of 1,958 votes
– Bartoli’s over Spacca Napoli, 54% of 1,757 votes
– Labriola over Milly’s, 55% of 1,699 votes
– Roots over Robert’s, 59% of 2,097 votes
– Coalfire over Paulie Gee’s, 58% of 1,639 votes
– Pat’s over Piece, 53% of 1,693 votes
– Art of Pizza over Michael’s, 63% of 1,632 votes
– Vito & Nick’s over Homeslice, 82% of 1,844 votes
You can see the winners of the other regions’ Round 1 matchups below.
Voting for Round 1 will remain open until Monday, March 20th. Kevin Powell and Michael Piff will discuss further on the Chicago’s Very Own Eats Podcast, but feel free to tweet them your thoughts and picks at at @KPowell720 and @Mike_Piff03!
You can subscribe to Chicago’s Very Own Eats on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. All episodes are available on the Chicago’s Very Own Eats podcast page at WGNRadio.com