Every Tuesday after 6pm, Chicago’s Afternoon News presents the ‘Signature Six,’ six stories highlighting Chicago business news. This week on the docket:
- The hedge fund owner of Barnes & Noble is purchasing Chicago-based Paper Source
- A startup that counts Oprah Winfrey among its backers is offering a new way to let grocers know when produce will be past peak as part of its attempt to stamp out food waste.
- Argonne National Laboratory is working to provide companies access to its world-class computing resources
- Chicago’s MolsonCoors is working to establish the Milwaukee area officially as the ‘Champagne of Beers’ region
- A hard seltzer is going to space, but not for science, for promotional purposes
- Chicago-based Puttshack is raising millions with the goal of bringing high-tech mini golf to the market
Follow @SteveBertrand Follow @kpowell720 Follow @maryvandeveldeFollow @LaurenLapka