Every Tuesday after 6pm, Chicago’s Afternoon News presents the ‘Signature Six,’ six stories highlighting Chicago business news. This week on the docket:
- Chicago businesses appear to be ready to get back to the office.
- Krispy Kreme is going for another bite of the Bismark.
- Most of the trading pits at CME Group, which closed last March due to the pandemic, won’t open again.
- The Illinois economy shrank by 4% in 2020 amid the pandemic, but there were signs of a recovery taking place late in the year.
- United Airlines is giving away four million miles to essential health care workers as part of several programs to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the airline’s MileagePlus frequent flier program.
- The state of Illinois says it plans to direct money it received as part of the Volkswagen emissions scandal toward replacing old diesel school bus engines with all-electric alternatives.
Follow @SteveBertrand Follow @kpowell720 Follow @maryvandevelde