Every Tuesday after 6pm, Chicago’s Afternoon News presents the ‘Signature Six,’ six stories highlighting Chicago business news. This week on the docket:
- Cameo is buying Represent, a startup that’s created a merchandising platform that allows celebrities to sell gear directly to fans.
- Chicago food processing giant ADM has invested in a Slovenia-based biotech company that specializes in synthetic biology and precision fermentation.
- Fresh Street is launching physical grocery stores built entirely for online orders and pickup—no in store shopping. The company says its first location will open in Chicago in early 2022.
- United Airlines said it’s spending $1.4 million every two weeks to provide paid leave for unvaccinated pilots.
- McDonald’s workers in several cities are protesting what they say is sexual harassment at the fast-food giant.
- The S&P CoreLogic Case-Shiller Indices show single family home prices in the Chicago area rose 12.7 percent over the past year. That’s a slight dip from the two previous months.
Follow @SteveBertrand Follow @kpowell720 Follow @maryvandeveldeFollow @LaurenLapka