Oktoberfest season continues, as does the season for various fall festivals and events. As Lauren Lapka reminds us, no matter what your plans may be, the Traffix Chicago app can help you avoid delays as you drive around the Chicago area.
ALL WEEKEND (9/20-9/22)
Oktoberfest in Glendale Heights.
- - Mon-Thurs 5-10
- - Fri: 5-12
- - Sat: 12-12
- - Sun: 12-10
- - Camera Park
- - The festival will feature authentic German food prepared by renowned Chef
- Wolfgang of the acclaimed Schnitzel Platz Restaurant. We will also offer authentic Oktoberfest Bier imported directly from the Hofbräu Brewery in Munich, as well as beer from the oldest Brewery in the world, Weihenstephan Hefe Weiss Bier. Our friendly Dirndl-dressed servers will be there to provide you service with a smile, just like in München. To finish off your meal there will be an assortment of wonderful Austrian and German pastries available.
- - Experience live entertainment daily including strolling German “Oompah” entertainers in one of the most authentic festival tents. There will be a pumpkin patch, a plant sale and many more activities the whole family will enjoy. To round out the Glendale Heights Oktoberfest experience, there will be vendors with German products, souvenirs, hats, steins, and much much more.
- - http://www.glendaleheightsoktoberfest.com/
Art in Andersonville
- Self-guided art walk
- Fri: Evening receptions in galleries and shops on Clark Street during Night of 100 parties.
- Sat/Sun: Andersonville Arts Fest with 100 artists on Clark Street 10-6
- Closes Clark between Winona and Argyle
- The International Exposition of Contemporary and Modern Art (expo Chicago)
- Museum-quality curated art and design by 135 exhibitors at Navy Pier
- Fri: 11-7 Sat: 11-7 Sun 11-6
- Ticket prices vary
Japanese Festival in Lincoln Park
- Experience authentic Japanese festival food, beverages, and cultural performances
- Chicago Japanese Matsuri in the plaza of NewCity on N. Halsted
- Fri: 3-8 Sat: 11-8 Sun: 11-5
- Shop from 140 artisans exhibiting one-of-a-kind museum quality artwork at American Craft Exposition at Chicago Botanic Garden.
- Ticket prices vary
- Fri/Sat 10-6 Sun 10-5
Oktoberfest in Palatine
- Fri: 5-12 Sat: 12-12 Sun: 12-6
- Bands, beer, food, family day, activities
Cubs host the Cardinals
Jonas Brothers at the United Center
- Oak Park Oktoberfest
- Fri: 4-10 Sat 12-10
- Live music, craft beer, wine, local restaurant food, and a kids’ root beer gadred (sat 12-5)
- Free to enter
- Bring Cash
Norwood Park Fall Fest
- Fri: 5-10 Sat: 12-10
- a weekend of delicious food, live entertainment, fun activities, and local business shopping.
- Fall Fest’s live entertainment consists of rock, country and blues music from all eras and many musical genres. This year’s headliner is none other than Wedding Banned & Lounge Puppets!
- Northwest Highway closed between Raven & Sayre
- In addition to the great music found at Fall Fest, the event has many other attractions. Food trucks from the Chicagoland area and quality beer are staples. There are at least 35 merchandise booths offering both local goods and services, and a children’s area with inflatable bounce houses and slides, performances, an Facepainting, live entertainment, games, and activities.
- This is a family oriented fest by day and music festival by night, that transforms the historic neighborhood of Norwood Park into a fall-themed haven for food, drinks, music, and fun for all ages.
- Stanley closed between Home and Oak Park
- Fri: 6-11 Sat: 12-11
- Berwyn’s Depot District
- The event's mid-September kick-off coincides with the original Munich Oktoberfest, which starts on September 21 this year. The event boasts live music, an international food court, carnival and amusement rides, family entertainment pavilion, and crafters and vendors. And let's not forget the Beer Garden, which will feature special Oktoberfest seasonal selections among others!
- The event takes place throughout Berwyn's Depot District at the intersection of Windsor Ave & Grove Ave just off the Metra BNSF lines Berwyn station. Free admission. Family friendly.
- If devouring a variety of ethnic foods and washing it down with a healthy serving of beer while prosting friends and neighbors sounds good, then Oktoberfest is your answer to the end of summer blues!
Free Museum Day
- Get a free ticket that allows two people to visit one of the many museums participating
YAS Fest (Youth Arts Showcase)
- Dance performances, live and DJ music, theater shows, and visual art at Millennium Park.
The Chicago Pancakes and Booze Art Show
- A traveling exhibition by 100 artists, with free pancakes, DJ music, live body painting, and a bar at Reggie’s chicago
- Pay cash at door or buy a line-jumper ticket online.
Shark Tank the Musical
- Based on the ABC TV show, the musical has five investors singing songs about making deals, performing scripts, and improvising at the Annoyance Theatre & Bar.
- Ticket prices vary
Falls Arts and Crafts Adventure
- Friendly juried show at Hodges Park in Park Ridge.
Lisle Ale Fest
- Has 80 American craft beers, live music, and local food.
- No pets
- Prairiewalk pond/Downtown Lisle
Out of the Darkness Walk
- Registration 9am
- Walk 11-1
- For suicide prevention
- Montrose Harbor
Oktoberfest in Arlington Heights
- St. Peter Lutheran Church and School
- Beer, brats, games, live music
- Admission is free
Blackhawks host Bruins
- Preseason 7:30 at United Center
Northwestern FB hosts Michigan State.
Lakeview Taco Fest
- Try tacos from a dozen restaurants and vote for the best. There’s beer, live music, kids’ area, and you can watch Mexican wrestlers
- Southport Ave closed from Addison to Roscoe.
- Donation $10
Englewood Jazz Festival
- Features a dozen performances over two days in Hamilton Park
Northshore Affordable Art Sale
- Features juried artists, live music, art projects for kids, and food outdoors at Westfield Old Orchard Mall in Skokie
Naperville Art Fair
- Riverwalk Fine Art Fair is a juried fair with 140 artists at a scenic park in downtown Naperville.
Harvest Pow Wow
- Experience Native American culture through dance, drumming, art, and storytelling. There’s also archery, birds of prey, food booths, crafts for sale, and a kids’ corner at Naper Settlement.
- Sat: 11-10 Sun: 11-5
Chicago Artisan Market
- Shop from 100 independent vendors of food, fashion, art, and home goods
- Morgan Manufacturing