Rick Pearson shares some of his favorite home-cooked specialties just in time for the holidays
As we prepare for the holiday season, Rick Pearson shares two of his personal favorite recipes that are great for any gathering: Jazzed-Up Green Bean Casserole and Crock Pot Italian Beef.
From Taste of Home Magazine:
Jazzed-Up Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained (*Rick suggests double the chestnuts)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (*Rick suggests double the bacon)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions
In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the green beans, soup, water chestnuts, milk, bacon, pepper and paprika. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until beans are tender; stir in cheese. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with onions.
Crock Pot Italian Beef Recipe
- 3 cups water (*Rick suggest Beef Stock)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix (*Rick suggests a small amount of giardiniera oil
- 1 (5 pound) rump roast
- Combine water with salt, ground black pepper, oregano, basil, onion salt, parsley, garlic powder, bay leaf, and salad dressing mix in a saucepan. Stir well, and bring to a boil.
- Place roast in slow cooker, and pour salad dressing mixture over the meat.
- Cover, and cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours, or on High for 4 to 5 hours. When done, remove bay leaf, and shred meat with a fork.