Holiday Tables Cape Trends and Upside Down Xmas Trees
Debi Lilly, Chicago “Eventeur” and designer with A Perfect Event
- Unroll patterned wrapping paper down the table for an instant pop of color, and an affordable runner.
- Dress the table with mini tree ornaments as party favors, decor.
- Winter whites get a pop of red this season, adding bold, fresh hues to the home.
- Wrap candy canes with silk ribbon for fast, easy DIY party favors, placecards or gift decor.
- Add florals to your tree – cut flowers with water tubes to keep fresh, or silk florals, or a combination.
Tony Abruscato, director of the Chicago Flower & Garden Show and founder, Get Growing Foundation.
- Start with a base of fresh greens, which you can pick up at a garden center or supermarket floral department
- Display greens in a decorative vase or a vessel that complements your holiday décor
- One option is to decorate using edibles, such as artichokes, asparagus, cinnamon sticks, oranges, etc. If using a clear vase, put cranberries in water and watch them float to the top. You can also tuck and weave edibles into your greens.
- Instead of gathering dust in the basement or storage area, take out vintage ornaments and mix in with greens. Secure with ornament hooks that can be wrapped around branches.