Interior Designer Kara O’Connor, DIY Gift Ideas and The Harlem Fine Arts Show
Show starts with recap of season finale of Downtown Shabby.
Interior Designer, Kara O’Connor- Designing with Children in mind. She Brought wallpaper and family “friendly’ fabrics.
Space planning and how to create space for an expanding family without worrying about the kids ruining furniture and accessories
Kim Gordon – DIY Gift ides
Sweet & Spicey nuts http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/sugar-and-spice-nuts
Floriole’s Olive Oil Granola (Serves eight)
3 c. rolled oats (not quick-cooking) , 1 c. pumpkin seeds (a.k.a. pepitas) , ¼ c. flax seed , ¾ c. grade B maple syrup , ½ c. olive oil (if your olive oil has a strong flavor, use ¼ c. olive oil and ¼ c. neutral oil like grapeseed or sunflower)
¾ tsp. fine sea salt, ½ tsp. cinnamon, ½ tsp. ground ginger, ½ c. dried cherries, ¼ c. chopped dates, ¾ c. toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or oiled parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except for cherries, and dates. Mix until homogenous.
- Spread mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir. Bake 20 minutes more and stir again.
- Let the granola cool for 20 minutes. Scrape into a large bowl. When it’s cooled completely, add cherries, pecans and chopped dates. Store in a sealed container in a cool, dry place for up to a month.
Harlem Fine Arts Show returns to Chicago/ Founder of the show, Dion Clarke
The Harlem Fine Arts Show (HFAS), the largest traveling African art show and sale in the United States.
Artist Kudzai Mutasa will joined you and Dion for the interview.