JDRF One Walk
JDRF One Walk has a single goal: creating a world without type 1 diabetes (T1D). Join JDRF this year and walk to raise money for life-changing research for the millions affected by this devastating disease. Walks are held on Sunday, September 25 in Indiana and Sunday, October 2 in Chicagoland.
Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease that strikes children and adults suddenly. It has nothing to do with diet or lifestyle. If you have T1D, your pancreas stops producing insulin—a hormone essential to turning food into energy. This means you must constantly monitor your blood-sugar level, inject or infuse insulin from a pump and carefully monitor your eating and activity every single day.
There is nothing you can do to prevent T1D. And—currently—there is no cure. But there is something you can do to help. Help JDRF turn Type One into Type None. Register today at www.jdrf.org/illinois.
JDRF One Walk locations near you:
Sunday, September 25
- Merillville, IN (Hidden Lake Park) – 9:30am registration opens and 11am walk
Sunday, October 2
- Chicago Lakefront at Montrose – 8:30am registration and 9:30am walk
- Libertyville (Independence Grove) – 8am registration and 9am walk
- Palos Hills (Moraine Valley Community College) – 8:30am registration and 9:30am walk
- East Peoria (Levee District) – 8:30am registration and 10am walk
- Schaumburg (Busse Woods) – 8:30am registration and 9:30am walk
- Warrenville (St. James Farm) – 8:30am registration and 9:30am walk