Garry Meier Full Show 8/28/14 Part Two
TMZ is reporting that Joan Rivers stopped breathing during surgery and is currently in critical condition. The so-called Holometer Experiment at the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory aims to determine whether our perception of a three-dimensional universe is just an illusion. John Lennon’s imprisoned killer Mark David Chapman told a parole board that he still gets letters about the pain he caused in his pursuit of notoriety nearly 34 years ago. Rob Walsh from the band Cold Comfort and Tim Cullen from the band Hot Sprockets are both in town from Ireland performing at The Elbo Room this week. They talked with Garry about what it’s like to be a band visiting the US for the first time. Erik Childress joined Garry with reviews of “Frank”, “The November Man” and “Love is Strange.” Garry started to lose his voice later in the show, which meant that he was basically doing a Rick Kogan impression for the last hour.
- Joan Rivers Stops Breathing During Surgery (Update: Critical Condition).
- We are about to find out if our universe really is a hologram.
- John Lennon’s Killer Sorry for Being ‘An Idiot’.
- Cold Comfort.
- The Hot Sprockets.
- Human skull donated to Goodwill store in Texas.
- Child firing Uzi at Ariz. shooting range accidentally kills instructor.
- Frank trailer.
- The November Man trailer.
- Love is Strange trailer.