Anita Douglas, program director of the McCormick Boys & Girls Club, joins Steve in studio. With her is 11-year-old Aniya Freeman, who is part of the Smart Girls program at the BGCC. The Smart Girls Program gives young girls a place to discuss everything from eliminating bullying to making smart decisions. For more information, visit the website here.
Boys & Girls Club: Smart Girls Program boosts confidence, alleviates bullying
- 73113No CommentsBoys+%26amp%3B+Girls+Club%3A+Smart+Girls+Program+boosts+confidence%2C+alleviates+bullying2014-05-08+15%3A38%3A00rwoodallwgnamhttp%3A%2F%2Fwgnradio.com%2F%3Fp%3D73113
- CARA: Helping the Homeless Get Back into the Workforce August 20, 2014The Cara Program is a self-described “boot-camp” that helps the homeless get into the workforce. Check out and support them HERE. … […]
- ALS Explained and the Impact of the Ice Bucket Challenge on Research August 20, 2014It is important to understand what exactly the Ice Bucket Challenge is raising money for, and that’s what Dr. Siddique from Northwestern does in this podcast. … […]
- Steve Cochran Show 8/20/14 Hour Four August 20, 2014In the fourth hour of the program Marcus Leshock from WGN TV checked in, he’s covering the little league World Series. After that, Dr. Siddique, who is head of the ALS Lab at Northwestern, joined the show to discuss and … […]
- America’s Got Talent: Especially Christian and Scooby August 20, 2014Christian Stoinev from America’s Got Talent (and ISU…fear the Bird) joined the program to talk about his dog Scooby, how he got started, and what comes next. Check out some of their performances HERE. … […]
- Uber in Chicago: Under Attack or Unfair Advantage? August 20, 2014Chris Taylor from Uber Chicago joined the program to discuss recent legislation that could challenge Uber and other car-sharing services in the city. Steve believes that Uber is a brilliant business model, but has an unfair advantage over taxi drivers. … […]