WGN Radio ‘Sunday Salute’
1. To Enter: No Purchase Necessary. The “Sunday Salute” Contest (the “Contest”) begins March 24, 2014 and will continue until cancelled or suspended by WGN Radio (the “Contest Period”), which may be at any time at WGN Radio’s sole discretion. Each week during the Contest Period, WGN Radio listeners will be invited to send in emails to email@example.com and to nominate an active U.S. military serviceman or servicewoman to be the WGN Radio Sunday Salute. Entries must describe an active military member who deserves an on-air “Thank you” from Chicago Cubs radio broadcasters Pat Hughes and Ron Coomer. Entrants must be legal U.S. citizens and residents of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin, 18 years old or older. Entrants must complete all required information in the email, including Entrant’s name, age, address, email address, and phone number, the nominated military servicemember’s name, birth date, military branch, and must explain in 150 words or less, why the nominated person should be selected as the “WGN Radio Sunday Salute” (including describing any behavior or act that supports the nomination). Entries must include proof of active military service, including a copy of their orders, current military ID, or Servicemembers’ Civil Relief Act (SCRA) Certificate, of the person being nominated. Entries must be submitted between 5:00AM CT on Monday 24, 2014 and the end of the Contest Period. Only one entry per person, email address and household will be permitted during the length of the Contest Period (although multiple entries from different individuals nominating the same person are permitted).
Entrants must use their own name. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of an email account identified in the email shall be deemed the entrant. WGN Radio is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Internet entries.
3. Winner Selection and Notification: On or about each Friday afternoon during the Contest Period, WGN Radio staff will judge all eligible entries received by 11:59pm the previous Thursday and award points based on originality and human-interest appeal. The nomination entry awarded the most points will be declared the potential winner and the military serviceman or servicewoman nominated in such entry will be declared the potential “WGN Radio Sunday Salute” (both of which shall be subject to eligibility confirmation and compliance with these rules). The winning entrant and the winning nominee will be notified by email and/or telephone. The names of both the winning entrants and the winning military serviceman or servicewoman nominee may be announced on-air (live or on a pre-recorded basis) during the WGN Radio Chicago Cubs broadcast every Sunday, and may be posted on WGN Radio’s Contest website. A complete WGN Radio Cubs broadcast schedule can be found at www.wgnradio.com/cubs. If a selected winner or successful nominee is later determined to be ineligible, then that entrant and the corresponding military serviceman or servicewoman nominee shall be disqualified and any prizes will be forfeited. In such event, the entrant and nominee with the next-highest score (as determined by the judges) will be tentatively declared the winning nominee, subject to eligibility confirmation and compliance with these rules, and further subject to fulfilling the participation conditions described herein.
4. Prizes: One Winner each week (25 total) will receive an on-air mention by Cubs radio broadcasters Pat Hughes and Ron Coomer during the Sunday Chicago Cubs baseball broadcast. ARV: $0.00
5. Eligibility Restrictions: This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Participation in this Contest as a nominator is open only to legal U.S. citizens and residents of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin, 18 years old or older. Employees and immediate family members of WGN Radio, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies are not eligible to win.
6. Internet: If for any reason the Internet-related portion of this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause, which corrupts, interrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Contest, WGN Radio reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Contest or any portion thereof. Any attempt to damage or undermine the fair and legitimate operation of the Contest will result in disqualification. Except where otherwise prohibited by law, information submitted in entries, including entrant’s name, address, e-mail, nominee’s name, age and narrative description, etc., may be used by WGN Radio, its affiliates and its licensees for marketing or promotional purposes.
7. Conditions of Entry: Except where prohibited by law, by entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to WGN Radio and its agents and licensees, to use the entrant’s name, voice, photograph, likeness, biographical material and all information submitted in the entry form, for broadcast and promotional purposes in connection with the Contest, in any media. By entering, each entrant agrees on behalf of him/herself and the military serviceman or servicewoman nominated in his/her entry, that if selected as a winner, each may be required to sign a release and waiver of liability, and that failure to execute the prepared form of release and waiver may result in disqualification and forfeiture of prizes. By entering, each entrant agrees to release WGN Radio from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from the entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of a prize. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and by entering, agree that all decisions regarding eligibility, the administration of this Contest, and the award of Contest prizes made by WGN Radio shall be final and binding. This Contest shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Illinois law, excluding choice of law provisions.
8. Winners List: For a Winners List or a copy of the official rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope labeled “WGN Radio Sunday Salute” to 435 N. Michigan Ave. Chicago, IL 60611. All requests must be mailed separately and must identify the Contest week by month and day. Requests for winners’ lists must be received within thirty (30) days of that week’s drawing.
9. Sweepstakes Sponsor: WGN Radio, 435 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611.