Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn stopped by WGN Morning News to talk about his Winter Storm Preparedness Plan for the state.
Illinois Gov. Quinn on Winter Storm Preparedness Plan
New Year’s 2014 Snow and Deep Freeze
It started as a forecast of several inches of snow for New Year’s Eve, disrupting plans for celebrations. Then it grew to several days of snow, the most since the 2011 blizzard. And then 36 straight hours of temperatures below zero.
- Share Story
- City to install more jet noise monitors in Chicago July 22, 2014Move comes in response to record-high noise complaints along O'Hare flight paths since October The Emanuel administration is willing to meet at least one demand of residents affected by changes in jet noise patterns at O'Hare International Airport, by installing eight more noise monitors in Chicago and several suburbs. […]
- Paramedics to connect patients to ER using Google Glass July 22, 2014Skokie-based ambulance firm will test modified device to aid patientsSkokie-based ambulance company MedEx plans to test Google Glass as an emergency tool, connecting patients with emergency rooms via paramedics. […]
- McCarthy: 'Very good leads' in investigation into slaying of girl, 11 July 22, 2014Detectives have made "great leaps" in their investigation into the fatal shooting of an girl who was struck by a stray bullet, Superintendent Garry McCarthy said today. […]
- 5 dead, 5 hospitalized in two wrecks on I-55 near Elwood July 22, 2014Five people are dead and five others hospitalized following two separate crashes on I-55 near southwest suburban Elwood, according to Illinois State Police. […]
- Rauner opens door to higher income tax rate July 22, 2014Bruce Rauner on Monday opened the door to a potential income-tax hike, an acknowledgment that the tax rate he would inherit if elected cannot financially support a the state government in the short term. […]