Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn stopped by WGN Morning News to talk about his Winter Storm Preparedness Plan for the state.
Illinois Gov. Quinn on Winter Storm Preparedness Plan
New Year’s 2014 Snow and Deep Freeze
It started as a forecast of several inches of snow for New Year’s Eve, disrupting plans for celebrations. Then it grew to several days of snow, the most since the 2011 blizzard. And then 36 straight hours of temperatures below zero.
- Share Story
- 1 dead, 11 hurt in shootings across city September 1, 2014Shootings on the North, South and West sides left one man dead and at least a dozen injured from early afternoon Sunday through early this morning, according to police. […]
- Tougher rules ahead on domestic abuse September 1, 2014People accused of violent domestic abuse crimes may soon be forced to pay for their own electronic monitoring as a condition of bail, regardless of whether an order of protection is already in place, under a newly amended state law.People accused of violent domestic abuse crimes may soon be forced to pay for their own electronic monitoring as a condition of […]
- Rose struggles in U.S. win over Turkey September 1, 2014Derrick Rose played in back-to-back games for the first time since the ill-fated night he tore his right meniscus last Nov. 22 in Portland, Ore. […]
- Bears' special teams need work before opener September 1, 2014Week 1 of the NFL regular season has arrived, a daunting prospect for a Bears special teams unit that struggled in many areas during exhibition games. The list of questions facing coordinator Joe DeCamillis is long, and there isn't much time to find answers. […]
- 'As horrible as it sounds, it came out of love': family of 4 dead in murder-suicide September 1, 2014Frank and Joan Stack of Elmhurst were known for doting on their neighbors, offering to mow the lawn when one wasn't around, making a grocery run for another and welcoming a new arrival with a cake. […]