The “Lou’s Holly Jolly Holiday Party” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The “Lou’s Holly Jolly Holiday Party” (“Sweepstakes”) starts at 9:00 a.m. CT on Friday, December 6, 2013 and ends at 9:00 a.m. CT on Monday, December 16, 2013 (“sweepstakes period”). This Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, each entrant agrees to abide and be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges and Sponsor.
1) Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents of Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, or Iowa who are 18 years and older as of the first day of the Sweepstakes Period. Employees (and their immediate household or family members) of WGN Radio (“Sponsor”) and its parent companies, affiliates, and subsidiaries, are not eligible to participate or win. Employees of participating clients or of other media companies including all radio, television, and cable stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate or win. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that all eligibility requirements are met. Void where prohibited. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Illinois law, excluding choice of law provisions.
2) How to Enter: Entries are completed in two steps: 1. “Like” the Lou Manfredini Facebook at www.facebook.com/housesmartswithloumanfredini . 2. Complete the online entry form. Entrants must complete the official entry form, submitting your name, birthdate, address, telephone number(s), and email address. Entrants must use their own name and current residential address. Online entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the holder of the e-mail account will be deemed the person who submitted the entry.
Limit one entry per facebook account during the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method. Incomplete entries will be disqualified, and Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, deleted, garbled, corrupted, misdelivered, or misdirected. Sponsor is not responsible for inability to transmit Internet entries. Duplicate entries from the same facebook account will be disqualified.
3) Winner Selection and Notification: On or about Monday, December 16, 2013, Sponsor will select the potential winners in a random drawing from among all entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Sponsor will make all decisions in any and all issues related to this Sweepstakes, and its decisions shall be final and binding in all respects. The potential winners will be notified by phone, email, and/or telephone. Sponsor will provide prize redemption instructions to the winner on or about Monday, December 16, 2013. A potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining entries if (1) a potential winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (2) a potential winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; and/or (3) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined, or if no response is received by Sponsor within 24 hours after notification is attempted. In the event the winner meets all potential winner eligibility requirements and accepts the prize and becomes unavailable to redeem the prize for any reason, Sponsor will not select a new winner and the prize will remain unused.
4) Prizes: Grand Prize (5 total): The winner will receive two spots to sit inside the Mr. Fix-it with Lou Manfredini show on Saturday, December 21st from 8:00am to 10:00am in the Allstate Showcase Studio (435 N. Michigan Avenue Chicago, IL 60611). Food and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of grand prize: $0.00.
Each winner is solely responsible for any applicable federal, state and local taxes in connection with winner’s prize. Prize substitutions are not allowed, and the prize is not transferable. Only Sponsor may elect, at its discretion, to substitute a prize of greater or equal value due to lack of availability for any reason.
5) Other Conditions: Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release, and, if so, it must be returned to Sponsor within one week of the date Sponsor sends it to winner. Failure to return such document will result in that winner being disqualified, and Sponsor may randomly draw another winner from among all remaining entries.
By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, waive and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from any and all injuries, claims, damages, losses, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney’s fees) resulting from accessing the Sweepstakes website; submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded; preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity, or; any printing, typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize.
By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to allow Sponsor and its agents and licensees to use his/her name, voice, photograph, likeness and any information provided on the entry form, in any medium of communication, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, without additional compensation.
6)Fraud/Tampering: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE (INCLUDING THE ENTRY SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant repeatedly shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor assumes no liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; or (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes.
7) Winner List or Official Rules: For an Official Winners List (available after December 16, 2013), or a copy of these Official Rules, send a request and a self-addressed envelope to WGN Radio, Attn: “Lou’s Holly Jolly Holiday Party Sweepstakes”, 435 N. Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611. Official Rules are also available at www.wgnradio.com/contests. All requests for Official Rules or Winners List must be received by December 31, 2013.
8) Sponsor: WGN Radio, 435 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611.