Bob Sirott and Marianne Murciano

The Greatest Thanksgiving Side Dish of All Time

Marianne Murciano’s world famous secret recipe for the greatest Thanksgiving side dish of all time
8oz Sour Cream
1 can Creamed Corn (16 oz)
1 can Regular Corn (16 oz) – drained
2 Eggs (Beaten)
1 stick of Butter (melted)
1 box of Jiffy Corn Muffin mix.

Mix in bowl and pour into casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

WGN_2491

18 Comments to “The Greatest Thanksgiving Side Dish of All Time”

Linda said:
    November 13, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Been making this for years! Sometimes I throw a little shredded cheddar cheese on at the end

joan chatten said:
    November 13, 2013 at 12:33 PM

what size casserole? can you make it ahead and warm it up?

Karen said:
    November 13, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I have a similar recipe. melt the butter in micro first then add everything you stated except add one green pepper chopped up, and do not use the eggs. bake 350 1 hour. It is called corn pudding.

Judi said:
    November 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Large/small can corn???? Butter, melted/softened?? Pan size?????? Sounds wonderful.

Jan B said:
    November 13, 2013 at 1:23 PM

My Mother gave me this recipe about 35 years ago. She found it in a local newspaper (maybe the Chicago Tribune) . I almost always make a double batch, and there is hardly ever any leftovers. I'll be making it for Thanksgiving. This is making me hungry.

nancy w. said:
      November 22, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I make this every year also, but this year I'm having extra people over so how long do I need to bake it if I'm doubling the recipe?

Kathy said:
    November 13, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I have been making this for years too! It is very yummy and good the next day, if any is left. My 82 year old mother requested that I make it this year for Christmas. Thanks for sharing!

cindy said:
    November 13, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Can this be made in a crockpot or cooked in the microwave?

kelly said:
    November 13, 2013 at 2:35 PM

did we decided, covered or uncovered?

Gem said:
      November 30, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Uncovered. It was delicious!

Don said:
    November 13, 2013 at 2:45 PM

You might try using Mexican canned corn that has red and green peppers . Might be a nice change….

Joyce said:
    November 13, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Please girl…heard you say you did NOT know what size dish & this makes '3 dishes" ???? Really would be great to know size YOU make it in. We KNOW you can do it….. How about just pour some water in one, measure the water and tell us if its a 1gt/2 qt size, etc???? LUV YA BUT we want to get it right OUR first time.

Bernadette said:
    November 13, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to try it!

Charlotte said:
    November 14, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Can any substitutions be made to make this more healthy? For instance, substitute yogurt for the sour cream.

Franklin Redman said:
    November 14, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Pilgrim History and Culture We Were Taught in School

Why The Pilgrims chose Plymouth Rock as their landing site http://www.3dartistonline.com/image/8937/why_the_

Pilgrims Greeted at Plymouth Rock http://www.3dartistonline.com/image/14347/the_pil

Running Fashionably Late for the first Thanksgiving Dinner http://www.3dartistonline.com/image/20300/fashion

Jan said:
    November 16, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I make a variation of this but will be trying it out on the kids Christmas Eve. Thanks for sharing….love your show.

Pat said:
    November 21, 2013 at 9:28 PM

If you make this recipe as it is written, you will need to use at least a 2quart baking dish. I uses a one quart dish and it almost spilled over and took an hour to cook. Do NOT cover while baking this in the oven. I don't see how this can be cooked in a crock pot or microwave. Just read the recipe for size can for corn and the butter is melted.

Electric Chef said:
    November 24, 2013 at 4:33 PM

What would happen if I poured this batter into a waffle iron? Magic or disaster? Guess we'll find out on Thanksgiving! @TheChefElectric