Blue Cross Blue Shield Eddie O Show Sweepstakes
1. To Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and a legal U.S. citizen residing in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, or Iowa, with an active Blue Cross Blue Shield membership as of November 18, 2013. The Blue Cross Blue Shield Eddie O Show Sweepstakes the “Sweepstakes”) runs from 7:00pm CT on Monday, November 18, 2013 through the final Eddie Olczyk live broadcast on March 19, 2014 at 8:00pm CT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). To enter, attend one of the six live “Eddie O Shows,” at locations to be announced by WGN Radio (the “Remote Broadcast Location”), and fill out the entry form including name, phone number, email address, current residential address and date of birth. One entry per person per live broadcast (for a total maximum of six entries per person during the Sweepstakes Period), with prior entries automatically rolling into the entry pool for the next drawing. Entrants must show a valid Blue Cross Blue Shield membership card to a WGN Radio representative at each Remote Broadcast Location at any time between 7:00pm to 11:00pm CT (the “Individual Entry Period”) in order to enter. All six broadcast dates and locations are to be determined by Sponsor, and will be announced at later dates on WGN Radio and posted to http://www.wgnradio.com/eddieoshow (the “Designated Drawing Date”).
2. Deadline: Entries may be submitted at anytime during each Individual Entry Period at each Remote Broadcast Location on any of the Designated Drawing Dates, and once entered, will be included in the next scheduled drawing and all subsequent drawings remaining during the Sweepstakes Period. Entries for each Individual Entry Period must be received by 11:00pm CT on the Designated Drawing Date. Entrants must use their own mailing address and provide a valid email address. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries.
3. Winner Selection & Notification: On the Designated Drawing Dates, Sponsor will select one (1) First Place Winner and one (1) Second Place Winner at random from all eligible entries received by the close of each Individual Entry Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received as of the close of each Individual Entry Period. The names of the First and Second Place Winners (subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules) will be announced on-site at the Remote Broadcast Location after 11:00pm, and potential winners will be notified by telephone and/or email. On the last Designated Drawing Date (currently scheduled for March 19, 2014), entries from all six previous entry pools (including the First Place and Second Place winners from the previous five Designated Drawings ) will be combined into a single entry pool, from which Sponsor will select one (1) Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner will be notified by telephone and email. All winners are subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules and all winners must respond to the Sponsor’s notification attempt within 48 hours and provide proof of identity, age, residency in order to be confirmed as a winner. A potential winner will be disqualified (and the prize forfeited), and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining entries in the corresponding entry pool if (1) a winner does not respond within 48 hours of the Sponsor’s first notification attempt; (2) a winner does not meet all eligibility requirements to Sponsor’s satisfaction; (3) a winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; and/or (4) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined.
4. Prizes: (a) One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive two tickets, with the seat location to be determined by the Sponsor, to the March 23, 2013 Chicago Blackhawks vs Nashville Predators game at the United Center and a meet and greet with Eddie Olczyk in the Blackhawks broadcast booth during an intermission (ARV: $300.00); (b) Six (6) First Place Winners will receive two 100-level tickets to a 2013-2014 Chicago Blackhawks game at the United Center with the date and seat location to be determined by Sponsor (ARV: $300.00); and (c) Six (6) Second Place Winners will receive a Blackhawks t-shirt and Blackhawks hat (ARV: $50.00). No prize substitutions are allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. Prizes will not be awarded, even if announced, if a selected winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules. Federal, state, and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of Sweepstakes winners. Winners may be required to provide a valid social security number to Sponsor for tax reporting purposes.
5. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Winner must be 18 years of age or older, a legal resident of Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, or Iowa, and a member of Blue Cross Blue Shield as of November 18, 2013. Employees of WGN Radio, WGN-TV, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and their affiliated companies, agencies and brokers selling Blue Cross Blue Shield and members of their immediate families living in the same household are ineligible. Entrants who have won any prize valued under $600 from WGN Radio within 60 days of November 18, 2013 will not be eligible to enter to win.
Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release, and, if so, it must be returned to Sponsor within one week of the date Sponsor sends it to the winner. Failure to return such document will result in that winner being disqualified, and Sponsor may randomly draw another winner from among all remaining eligible entries. If time does not permit the selection of alternate winners, no further drawings will be held for that prize and that prize will not be awarded.
By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, waive and hold harmless Sponsor, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from any and all injuries, claims, damages, losses, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney’s fees) resulting from accessing the Sweepstakes website; submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded; preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity, or; any printing, typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize.
Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification solely at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of any prize.
7. Miscellaneous: By participating, contestants agree Sponsor has the sole right to determine winners of the Sweepstakes and all matters and disputes related thereto, and that its determination will be final and binding.
8. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. Information submitted in Sweepstakes entries, including entrant’s name, address, e-mail address, etc., may be used by WGN Radio, its sponsors and partners, including Blue Cross Blue Shield, for marketing or promotional purposes. Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Illinois law, excluding choice of law provisions.
9. Sweepstakes Rules & Winners List: For a Winners List or a copy of the official rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “Blue Cross Blue Shield Eddie O Show Sweepstakes,” c/o WGN Radio, 435 N. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 or log onto the wgnradio.com website. Requests must be mailed separately. Requests for winners lists must specify the drawing date and must be received within thirty (30) days of the applicable drawing.
10. Sponsor: WGN Radio, 435 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611