Garry Meier

Photos and Audio: Garry Meier inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame

Garry Meier and former on-air partner Steve Dahl were among those honored at the 2013 Radio Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.

Audio, courtesy of the National Radio Hall of Fame, features Larry King’s intro of Bob Sirott, Sirott’s comments into career montage, the montage, Sirott’s induction and Garry’s comments.

12 Comments to “Photos and Audio: Garry Meier inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame”

Colin Smith said:
    November 10, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Garry, call Steve

LoyalListener said:
    November 11, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Seems strange that the induction of Steve & Garry, only included Garry.

Life is too short Garry, time to put the bitterness behind you. Reach out to Steve as he has tried reaching out to you. We have all moved on and now it's time for you to do the same.

You'll feel so much better when you let things go.

Trish said:
    November 11, 2013 at 3:54 PM

As much as I like Garry, he wouldn't be accepting that induction without Steve.

Linda said:
    November 11, 2013 at 6:38 PM

For a long time I wouldn't listen to Garry on WGN, because the rift made me so sick. Steve and Garry were the GREATEST team in Chicago Radio History. I listen to Garry now everyday. Life's too short. I know the hurt is deep Garry, but please for your fans… Forgive and move on. PS. I loved when Steve was writing for the Trib. Talent is talent. Congratulation on your induction. Wish they both could have been there.

Steve said:
    November 11, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Oh look – Ringo is accepting for The Beatles – and no mention of Paul or John!!

Frank said:
    November 11, 2013 at 8:35 PM

In alphabetical order, I'd like to thank those that have lead to this moment.
    Steve Dahl

RadioGeek said:
    November 12, 2013 at 10:29 AM

GM is so wrong for accepting this honor like this. I can't believe it. If and when I listen to him, I will never have the same outlook again. You might want to re-think your position, Matthew Meier.

John said:
    November 12, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Gary,

I enjoy your work and congratulations. However, have a little class and acknowledge Steve. I don't quite understand this. You have done well but likely would not have the abundance of opportunities you have had without Steve.

tom said:
      November 12, 2013 at 5:41 PM

So true

Tom said:
    November 12, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Garry.
    I'm disappointed. Not even a call back to Steve. Bad move on your part.
    I Know who the better man is.

Mike Kirk said:
    January 30, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Not even a mention of Steve Dahl… So, Garry, you did the "Steve" and Garry show all by yourself??