A jury found Heriberto Viramontes, 34, guilty on all counts in the beating of two women with a baseball bat in Chicago’s Bucktown neighborhood in 2010.
Man found guilty in Bucktown bat-beating trial
- 41070No CommentsMan+found+guilty+in+Bucktown+bat-beating+trial2013-10-24+23%3A46%3A46Dave+Marzullohttp%3A%2F%2Fwgnradio.com%2F%3Fexternal_media%3Dman-found-guilty-in-bucktown-bat-beating-trial
- BP says Whiting refinery still in production after fire August 28, 2014BP Plc said its largest U.S. refinery, at Whiting, Indiana, continued to operate on Thursday morning following a blaze the night before that was expected to have a minimal impact on production. […]
- Firefighters battle extra-alarm blaze in Englewood August 28, 2014Chicago firefighters spent hours battling a stubborn blaze in the Englewood neighborhood that started in the basement of a commercial building and snaked its way through the roof of the third floor by the time it was all over. […]
- Quinn's speed-limit bill veto adds fuel to debate August 28, 2014In rejecting a bill that would have raised speed limits to 70 mph throughout Illinois' 286-mile network of tollways, Gov. Pat Quinn reignited the debate on what constitutes the safest pace for vehicles on the road. […]
- Durbin proposes 1 TV debate; Oberweis wants more August 28, 2014State Sen. Jim Oberweis, who won the Republican primary for U.S. Senate this year without facing his opponent in a single televised debate, found himself on the other side of that issue Wednesday as Sen. Dick Durbin agreed to meet him in just one TV debate before the Nov. 4 election. […]
- Jorge Soler starts career with a bang — a big bang August 28, 2014CINCINNATI — Timing is everything in baseball, whether it involves swinging the bat or perhaps even staging an auspicious major league debut. […]