Breakfast with Bickell Question of the Week Sweepstakes
1. To Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and a legal U.S. citizen residing in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, or Iowa, with an email account October 8, 2013. The Breakfast with Bickell Question of the Week (the “Sweepstakes”) runs from 9:00 a.m. CT on Tuesday, October 8, 2013 through 12 noon CT on Friday, March 28, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). To enter, submit a question for Blackhawks forward Bryan Bickell, along along with your name, age, address and telephone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only one entry per email address per week; only emailed entries will be accepted.
2. Deadline: Entries may be submitted at anytime during the Sweepstakes Period, and once entered, will be included in the next scheduled drawing (drawing dates identified below) and all subsequent drawings remaining during the Sweepstakes Period. Entries for each drawing (identified below) must be received by 12 noon CT on the designated drawing date. Entrants must use their own email account to enter. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of the corresponding email address through which entry was submitted shall be deemed the entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, illegible, late, or misdirected entries, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit entries.
3. Winner Selection & Notification: On every Friday during Sweepstakes period, sponsor will select one winning question from all eligible entries received as of the applicable entry deadline (12 noon CT on the day of the drawing). Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received as of the drawing deadline. The names of potential winners (subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these rules) will be read on-air during the “Breakfast with Bickell” segment every Monday on the Steve Cochran show between 5am and 9am, and potential winners will be notified by email and telephone by the sponsor. Potential winners must respond to the notification attempt within 48 hours in order to be confirmed as a winner. A potential winner will be disqualified (and the prize forfeited), and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining entries if (1) a winner does not respond within 48 hours of the Sponsor’s first notification attempt; (2) a winner does not meet all eligibility requirements to Sponsor’s satisfaction; (3) a winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; and/or (4) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined.
4. Prizes: Each confirmed winner will receive an autographed puck signed by Chicago Blackhawks forward, Bryan Bickell. ARV: $35.00. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. No prize substitutions are allowed except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Federal, state, and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of Sweepstakes winners. Prizes will not be awarded, even if announced, if a selected winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules.
5. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Winner must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, or Iowa. Employees of WGN Radio, MB Financial, and their affiliated companies and members of their immediate families living in the same household are ineligible. Entrants who have won any prize valued under $600 from WGN Radio within 60 days of October 8, 2013 will not be eligible to enter to win.
a. By entering, each entrant represents and warrants that all questions submitted for this Sweepstakes are his/her own original creation, do not defame, libel, or slander anyone or any entity, and do not contain inappropriate, offensive, indecent, vulgar, obscene or profane content. Questions that do not comply with the foregoing shall be disqualified.
b. Each Entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor harmless against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, penalties, costs, expenses and settlements (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or related to a breach of the foregoing representations and warranties.
c. By entering, each Entrant grants to the Sponsor (and its licensees and affiliates) a world-wide, perpetual, royalty-free license to publish his/her question submissions in any medium of communication now known or hereafter devised, including but not limited to print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, without prior notice, approval or compensation.
d. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees on behalf of him/herself to release, waive, and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent and affiliated companies, and any prize suppliers hereunder, along with each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, and licensees from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind, arising from the receipt or use of any Sweepstakes prize, or any Sweepstakes-related travel or activity.
7. Miscellaneous: By participating, contestants agree Sponsor has the sole right to determine winners of the Sweepstakes and all matters and disputes related thereto, and that its determination will be final and binding.
8. Technical: If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the contest or any portion of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. Information submitted in Internet entries, including entrant’s name, address, e-mail address, etc., may be used by WGN Radio for marketing or promotional purposes. Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Illinois law, excluding choice of law provisions.
9. Sweepstakes Rules & Winners List: For a Winners List or a copy of the official rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “Breakfast with Bickell Question of the Week Sweepstakes” c/o WGN Radio, 435 N. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 or log onto the wgnradio.com website. Requests must be mailed separately. Requests for winners lists must specify the drawing date and must be received within thirty (30) days of the applicable drawing.
10. Sponsor: WGN Radio, 435 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611