More perspective from WGN’s own political analyst, Paul Lisnek, host of Politics Tonight on CLTV.
Why the government has to shutdown and what happens next
- 37281No CommentsWhy+the+government+has+to+shutdown+and+what+happens+next2013-10-01+15%3A49%3A21Dave+Marzullohttp%3A%2F%2Fwgnradio.com%2F%3Fexternal_media%3Dwhy-the-government-has-to-shutdown-and-what-happens-next
- U.S. House passes border-security funding bill to speed deportations August 2, 2014WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republicans in the U.S. House of Representatives voted on Friday to crack down on Central American migrants, including unaccompanied children, who are flooding to the U.S. border with Mexico, as lawmakers passed a $694 million border security bill. […]
- U.S. CDC lab inspectors may have risked public safety: documents August 2, 2014WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. laboratory inspectors charged with protecting the public from the release of deadly pathogens were repeatedly criticized by a federal watchdog for overlooking biosafety lapses long before this year's anthrax scare at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention... […]
- Chicago, Glenview settle suit after cops accused of lying on stand August 2, 2014Chicago and Glenview have agreed to pay about $195,000 to settle a federal lawsuit filed after a judge accused police officers from the departments of lying under oath during a hearing about a drug case. […]
- Infected Ebola relief workers to be evacuated to U.S. August 2, 2014Two American aid workers, both seriously ill after being infected with the deadly Ebola virus in Liberia, will be flown to the United States and treated in isolation at an Atlanta hospital, officials said on Friday. […]
- Man gets natural life plus 25 years for son's murder, girlfriend's assault August 2, 2014Margaret Jefferson collapsed into the arms of relatives outside a courtroom Friday moments after a Cook County judge sentenced her former boyfriend to natural life in prison plus 25 years for a brutal attack that left their 3-year-old son dead. […]