Kathy and Judy

The return of Kathy and Judy, with video

Your girlfriends are back!  Kathy and Judy update listeners on what they’ve been doing the past four years and get updates from some classic K&J callers.  It’s time for girlfriend chat as they cover everything from the song “Blurred Lines” to hickeys to incidents with Epipens.  Happy Friday!

Reminder: You can hear a “Best of Kathy and Judy” tomorrow from 10am-12 and tune in every Saturday morning from 10-12!

KJ

Your girlfriends are back! Judy, Steve, and Kathy reunited on their first day back! (WGN Radio)

28 Comments to “The return of Kathy and Judy, with video”

Alice Coughlin-Ryan said:
    September 13, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Great news!! So very happy to hear that my girlfriends are back on the radio. A friend called me earlier in the week to give me the good news as I stopped listening to WGN on the very day that both of you were invited to leave. I did write a letter to management at that time and let them know what a stupid mistake they made and that my radio dial would not be tuned to WGN for any reason. I heard you this morning and will be listening tomorrow and all of the Saturdays to come. You both still have the "magic". I love you guys!!

Alice Weidner said:
    September 13, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Love hearing K&J again….how do I download as a podcast? Thanks!!!!

Susan said:
    September 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Love hearing the girlfriends…My Mom passed away 4 years ago and she was so sad and mad at WGN when they left. Glad sense has returned only wish Mom was around to hear them.

Jan said:
    September 13, 2013 at 10:09 PM

It's about time WGN management regained some of their senses and have put Kathy and Judy back on the air. It's too bad we can't have John Williams and Steve Cochran back along with them.

jane hammar said:
    September 14, 2013 at 7:50 AM

welcome back, kathy and judy, i was in tears listening to you both friday morning, , tears of joy, of course. it was great tho laugh again with you two…wonderful, wonderful

Helen V. said:
    September 14, 2013 at 8:40 AM

WGN sounds like home again now that Kathy and Judy are back!! Love you, girlfriends.

Joan said:
    September 14, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Please replace Garry Meier and all will be close to perfect. I nearly cried in the car Friday when Kathy and Judy were on because I didn't expect t hear them yet. They are wonderful. I miss John Williams too.

beth hemstreet said:
    September 14, 2013 at 9:08 AM

will there be a podcast for Kathy & judy? PLEASE

Beth said:
    September 14, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Great news to hear the girl friends are back! Finally WGN has regained some of their senses. Now if you could only convince Spike to come back things would be almost right with the world…..

Kathy said:
    September 14, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Welcome back Kathy and Judy! Bring back John Williams!!!

Andrea said:
    September 14, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Welcome back girlfriends! So happy to hear your voices and laughter again!

MisBit said:
    September 14, 2013 at 12:50 PM

My first day back, too! So happy you both are back. I've laughed more this a.m. than I have in the past 4 years. Finally WGN is getting smart again.

Jane said:
    September 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Happiness is the new way WGN is reinventing itself. Loved hearing Kathy and Judy again. The rebroadcast on Sat. morning of old shows was so funny! Almost all the new line up is a major improvement!
    It's nice to listen to a great radio station again. THANK YOU!

Connie said:
    September 15, 2013 at 9:28 AM

When will podcasts be availabile on Itunes?

Caryl said:
    September 15, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Thank You WGN. All your new programing is great. Back to listening WGN.

Dan said:
    September 15, 2013 at 8:26 PM

please post podcasts on itunes.

Katherine said:
    September 16, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Welcome back Kathy & Judy!!!! I was furious about losing you both 4 years ago. (I even wrote to WGN management.) Well, listened to your Best of Kathy and Judy last night in bed. I found myself laughing out load throughout the podcast.

Frances said:
    September 16, 2013 at 3:58 PM

So happy you ladies and Steve are back and together. Please, please, please, please, please post podcasts ASAP!!
    Now bring back John Williams!

Eileen said:
    September 16, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Am spreading the word to all my gal pals that you are back. Now let us hope you get more than just a two hour Saturday show. Daily would be more like it. Still laughing/crying over the credit card shredder story, something I would do.

Rhonda ;) said:
    September 17, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I am thrilled my girlfriends are back on the air. When WGN terminated them oh so long ago, I changed the radio station and never listened again to Am720.
    I only wish management would schedule their show during the week. Two hours on Saturdays just won't be enough!
    Love, Rhonda

Linda Hildebrand said:
    September 19, 2013 at 4:56 PM

What great news!!! Four years ago I took 720 off all my push buttons in cars, trucks, tractors and combine–no more WGN for me. So glad management realized their mistakes and are rectifying their error–now bring back John Williams and Spike and WGN will be the leader of AM once again :)

Bobbi said:
    September 21, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Was one of the saddest days of my life when they made the exit. I almost cried when I missed the first-back show. WGN has NOT been GN but seems they have pulled their head out…..
    Love you Kathy & Judy!!

Anonomus said:
    September 21, 2013 at 10:44 AM

WGN you finally woke up! I haven’t listened to your station since you destroyed your station by “going in a different direction” & taken all your morning gems off the air. I’m not a cursing type person, but I colored the air blue when you did that! Get the girls back on everyday not just Sat. I acidentally found them on Sept. 21, ’13. & will listen again faithfully. But I want them everyday! Now that you’re awake, get out of bed & finish the job!

K from WI said:
    September 21, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I was dumbfounded when K&J left, heartbroken when Steve and Johnny left, horrified when Jonathan B came on and I left WGN when Milton Rosenberg left. Now I am hooked on Wi. Public Radio and I love it but I will return to WGN for Nick (during sleepless nights) Lou on Sat. Steve for a wake up hour or so and K&J on Sat. Even a little on Sunday mornings. But—–stupid radio will not trump good listening in this house.

Shannon said:
    September 21, 2013 at 12:19 PM

SOOOO happy to have K & J back. All my friends and I stopped listening to WGN a few months after they left. Mike McConnell was aggravating and a horrible way to start my day, so I left WGN.
    Now I have Steve Cochran during the week and K & J on Saturdays….THANK YOU, WGN! GOOD MOVE! Keep it up!

Shannon said:
    September 21, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Oh, one more thing…I LOVE Wendy and Bill…they are both so funny! Almost forgot to compliment WGN for putting them on. THANKS again!

Judy said:
    September 23, 2013 at 6:47 PM

WGN radio management has made nearly all my dreams come true! Steve Cochran AND Kathy and Judy! The only one missing is John Williams!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for listening to all of us who where so devastated when all these people left so abruptly. We just knew it was all a big mistake. Now you've fixed it for us! It just doesn't get any better!! We are forever grateful!

Trudy said:
    November 5, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Things are improving….BUT….I cannot believe the likes of Steve and Johnnie have been replaced with the likes of the Sunday Midnight Smut Hour. PU-LEEZE!!! You can, and should, do better.