Steve Cochran

Steve Cochran Is Back!

Steve opens up the first hour of his first official morning show with conversations with WGN Radio’s Andrea Darlas, Dave Eanet, Orion Samuelson, and Nick Digilio about the new lineup, weekend news, and other tidbits. Also, Steve receives a message from a former WGN Radio morning host!

13 Comments to “Steve Cochran Is Back!”

Ken said:
    September 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM

All may me very happy that Steve Cochran is back with WGN radio. However, I am not when he makes insulting comments about our President Obama. Steve, it may be your opinion that he is doing a terrible job and it may be your opinion that he has bungled things. However, how do you know it is our opinion? If you dislike the president so much why not go back to WIND and do your bashing. Oh, yes you can't. I feel very insulted by your vicious comments about OUR president. If you don't like him why insult those who do or beter yet try and change our minds. I like him. Let's see how you would do if all of the republicans were against you.Maybe you think Mitt could have done better but I don't. I'm so angry that I couldn't wait to get home and send this that's why I'm this sending e-mail from my office.
    Shame on You for being so rude. Stick to comedy, your better at it.

Chris said:
    September 3, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I am so happy Steve is back. That is why I switched to Eriik and Kathy when WGN got rid of all it's great radio personalities likeSteve and Kathy and Judy. Welcome back Steve!

Jill Barshop said:
    September 4, 2013 at 6:20 AM

I was so excited about the new line up, however, I will not be listening to WGN and Steve Cochran. His political views turned me off. He is not on Fox News any longer. It is a hugh disappointment.

Jackie Carlson said:
    September 4, 2013 at 8:14 AM

I'm glad the welcome the new lineup. It's a refreshing change from Johnny B. Now I actually LIKE turning on the radio in the morning! However, I agree with many others that feel Steve C. should take a much more middle of the road on politics. His bashing of the Pres. belongs on a FOX station, not WGN. But the rest of his show is wonderful. Feels like Spike is back. PS: is there any hope that that would ever happen?? My dreams would come true then!

Marlene Kramer said:
    September 4, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I was glad to hear that Steve Cochran was back. He is a bright and funny guy. I agree that I do not agree with his political views. It remains to be seen if I will be able to continue to listen to him based on that.

Steve said:
    September 4, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I don't remember Cochran acting like a Rush wannabee in his first tour of duty with WGN. Whatever happened to equal time? Oh, I forgot, right wing radio changed all that. If that's the direction that the Voice of Chicago or whatever they're calling the station now wants to go, it seems to be me they'll lose listeners who prefer that politics not be thrown in their face in such a frivolous manner.

Unhappy said:
    September 4, 2013 at 8:23 PM

The thing about Spike was that he was incredibly good at masking whatever his political views were, even if a guest was overtly biased one way or another. The "interview" this morning was disgraceful, and horribly biased. I have a long commute every morning, and have listened to WGN on that drive for many years. No more.

Dick Davies said:
    September 5, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Welcome back, Steve. How about "Hippie Lettuce" for one of your pot references. I hear it mentioned around my part of Michigan, usually in jest.

jdg1000 said:
    September 6, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Thank GOD!!! I'm SOOOOOO glad to welcome the return of a quality morning show host – that would be in the person of Steve Cochran and company – BACK to reinvigorate the station I have loved to be a part of for the past 50 years (until recently, that is!). My hiatus AWAY from WGN began with the onset of the idiot decision to appoint "Johnny B" and his ridiculous entourage….and apparently, based upon the ratings, I was not alone! What a foolish choice THAT ("Johnny B" appointment) was! Folks in MY demograhic haven't been satisfied with administrative decisions since Spike's departure. Finally, a step in the RIGHT direction!! HALLELUJAH!! Best wishes to YOU Steve, and I wish you a long and healthy tenure in your morning show-host position!! :-)

wcg-Chicago said:
    September 6, 2013 at 9:52 AM

It is now safe for me to come back to WGN AM morning radio!. Thank you to whomever made the decision to bring back Steve Cochran. Steve, good luck, and just keep ducking the brickbats from the bruised righteous.(smile)

Joan said:
    September 12, 2013 at 12:57 PM

So glad that you are back, Steve, I missed you.I have been a long time WGN fan, but since Spike was gone, things have changed at WGN. I am so sorry now that Mike McConnell is gone – the Bill & Wendy and Bob and Maryanne shows are one too many couples. I want Mike back after you in the morning. WGN sports are favorites of mine and Sunday Morning = the Lutheran Hour is great, but I miss John Kolgan after the Lutheran Hour. If there is a chance of getting Mike back, let me know then I won't have to turn off WGN until Gary comes on at 3:00 p.m. I was a very long time listener, but turned it off when JB started his ridiculous banter. Bring back Mike to the spot AFTER YOU and once again I am happy that you are back. By the way, where is Steve Bertrand?? I miss him, too. Thank goodness for Mary, Andrea and of course Orion and Mr. Fixit. If they are gone, then I am out of here for sure.

Charlie said:
    October 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Steve

Glad your back. Now I am back to 720, feels great.

Bernadine said:
    October 9, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I'm so glad Steve Cochran is back, I could not stand JB, I turned off WGN and went to 780, now I can turn it back. I'm glad the Kathy and Judy are back also. Dean Richards is wonderful and the person on from
    3-7. I'm back to WGN. Please don't change anything!!