Brian Noonan

Brian only on Sundays on WGN Radio

Brian announces that he has accepted an exciting job opportunity and, as a result, will only be heard Sunday evenings on WGN Radio.

18 Comments to “Brian only on Sundays on WGN Radio”

Paul said:
    July 22, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Congratulations on your new endeavors, Brian. I am disappointed in your diminished role on WGN, but such is life. Regrettably, radio is a very mercurial business.

John H said:
      July 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Well put Paul.

Jack said:
    July 22, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Brian Seems like wgn is dissing you, Like take it or leave it. or hit the road . I believe you should look for a sports station as talk show person. I like what you say and the humor you bring to a liberal radio station that I really don't like anyway. They should get rid of bill LEFT instead of you.
    Good Luck, keep us informed. You should look for a better gig, you have talent.

Kathleen Thomas said:
    July 22, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Going to miss you Brian. Good Luck to you.

Sally Edwards said:
    July 22, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Brian is top-notch. He is interesting, informative and funny. I hope WGN knows what they've got.

Liz said:
    July 22, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I miss you on sport Central. You were a great group. Good luck

Dave N said:
    July 22, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Brian is as versatile a talent as one could find. He handled every situation at WGN With style and a true wit which will not be duplicated.He could keep you listening till the end. A IMPOSSIBLE ACT TO FOLLOW !!!

Joel said:
    July 22, 2013 at 10:01 PM

What a waste! Interesting and entertaining hosts like Brian and Nick continue to have small roles on WGN, while no-talent, never-had-an-original-thought Garry Meier still takes up a huge chunk of airtime each day.

jay jay said:
    July 23, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Sorry to see you moving on, would like to see you instead of Kap.

Ruth wesenberg said:
    August 1, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I am an overniter worker I wish you were on again instaid of Bill. Hang in there maybe they will see the error in their judgement and have you on more gours till then I have had enough of their b-s an done with WGN

Carol said:
    August 1, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Brian, miss you on Sport Night. Would listen while playing games on my computer. WGN should get rid of Johnny in the morning. He's the worst! Good luck to you on your new endeavor. You will be missed.

Dee said:
    August 2, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Brian, just love your voice, am gagging with all this Kap!! Switch stations till midnight, do like Bill, but there is too much Nick D. Johnny too loud & mean spirited in morning. Best of luck, hope it works out for you

Peggy said:
    August 20, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Brian and Andrea were the main reason I got interested in listening to the sports show. I began to actually look forward to it. Now I do not listen at all. Brian was great to listen to when I found him on other time slots. He was informative, funny when subject called for wit or humor, and felt like he was connecting with the average listener more than many of the other hosts. I felt management made another mistake.

Curt said:
    August 21, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Good luck Brian. I just discovered your decision after the big lineup changes being made. You are a versatile broadcaster over your 7 years on the G. I really enjoyed your broadcast personality when you were doing weekend midnights. It's a tough job economy and take comfort you landed in a good situation with your siblings. God bless.

Jeannie said:
    August 22, 2013 at 11:39 PM

I can't believe the decision to diminish the time Brian Noonan is on the air. I enjoyed his well spoken, humorous, interesting contributions to the sports night program. The program was lively and well rounded in its audience appeal and now it seems to just be the same old stats and waa-waa-waa talk about sports that just drones on and on for HOURS! I've stopped listening after Garry's finished. Only hearing Brian on Sunday nights makes me sad and I wish for all the fun he brought to the station. How can management not see this mistake? I thought things were getting back on track when Turi disappeared.

Marsha said:
    August 23, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Sure miss hearing Brian regularly. I agree with Jeannie and Peggy. I've tried to listen to the "new" Kap show and it doesn't work. Brian and Andrea brought that show to where non sports listeners could handle the sports talk. Hoping Brian would fill in one of the midday times. Perhaps Brian will be the "go to" sub for vacationing hosts.

Mary Ann Carr said:
    August 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Have to chime in with a big negative. Since when is a has-been stand-up comic a sports expert? Or a really good radio host? Not in my boook–he just excelled in makin a fool of himself.!!

c wilke said:
    September 16, 2013 at 7:02 PM

were is Noonan, hate all this crap…nick d is ok. but not for people over 60… cochran is just ok. but what a loss with john williams, i love him. brian was good. we need ,soft spoken people, with news, time and weather. i sleep with my radio.. wind and wbbm, are now with me…. left is ok to…..also alturnitive radio….. were is steve and jonhnie……