The city of Detroit has filed for bankruptcy, according to various media reports. It becomes the largest city in U.S. history to do so.
Detroit files for bankruptcy
- 29215No CommentsDetroit+files+for+bankruptcy2013-07-18+20%3A21%3A17Dave+Marzullohttp%3A%2F%2Fwgnradio.com%2F%3Fp%3D29215
- Weather likely to blame for Air Algerie crash that killed 118: officials July 25, 2014Investigators at the scene of the crash in Mali concluded the Air Algerie flight AH 5017 broke apart when it hit the ground, suggesting it was unlikely to have been the victim of an attack. […]
- 'She was a hero': Arlington Heights woman drowns saving 3 boys July 25, 2014An Arlington Heights woman drowned while saving three boys in a lake in far northern Wisconsin Tuesday, authorities said. […]
- Koch brothers' firm threatens lawsuit over mayor's crackdown July 25, 2014Company seeks to delay storage sheds until 2018, raise height limits on pilesEscalating a fight with Mayor Rahm Emanuel, a company that stores enormous mounds of petroleum coke in Chicago is threatening to sue unless city officials allow the gritty piles to remain uncovered until 2018. […]
- N.J. Gov. Christie raises money for Rauner today July 25, 2014New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie comes to Chicago this afternoon for a series of fundraisers in his role as chairman of the Republican Governors Association. […]
- City Hall spells out review of suspicious red light camera tickets July 25, 2014City Hall plans to send drivers letters with details of the red light camera citation review process to determine whether the city sends them $100 refunds. […]