Visitation is today for Peoria baseball magnate Pete Vonachen, perhaps best known as the man who gave the eulogy for Harry Caray. Vonachen, a Peoria businessman and owner of the Peoria Chiefs minor league team, was frequently mentioned on the air by best friend Caray. He died Monday at age 87.
Harry Caray eulogist Pete Vonachen dies
- 25220No CommentsHarry+Caray+eulogist+Pete+Vonachen+dies2013-06-13+15%3A00%3A10Dave+Marzullohttp%3A%2F%2Fwgnradio.com%2F%3Fp%3D25220
- Tammy Duckworth pregnant, expecting girl in December September 1, 2014— Tammy Duckworth, an Illinois congresswoman and Iraq War amputee, announced Monday that she is pregnant and is due in early December. […]
- 1 dead, 13 hurt in shootings across city September 1, 2014Shootings on the North, South and West sides left one man dead and at least 13 people injured from early afternoon Sunday through early this morning, according to police. […]
- Cops: Man batters woman and child, throws toddler from vehicle September 1, 2014A 46-year-old man is in custody after beating a woman, hitting her young son when he tried to intervene and throwing an 18-month-old girl out a vehicle window early this morning, according to police. […]
- Quinn, Rauner ad war at full throttle September 1, 2014Labor Day traditionally has marked the kickoff of the fall campaign season, but the heated race for governor between Democrat Pat Quinn and Republican challenger Bruce Rauner has made the holiday little more than an election-year speed bump. […]
- 'Stolen' nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence leaked online by hacker September 1, 2014Naked pictures of Jennifer Lawrence were among a number of nude and risque images posted online Sunday in what appears to be a major breach of celebrity accounts. […]