On Friday, the Illinois Senate passed a measure that would allow people with certain illnesses to use marijuana to ease their symptoms if their doctors recommend it.
Illinois Senate approves medical marijuana bill
- 21796No CommentsIllinois+Senate+approves+medical+marijuana+bill2013-05-17+20%3A07%3A28davemarzullowgnamhttp%3A%2F%2Fwgnradio.com%2F%3Fexternal_media%3Dillinois-senate-approves-medical-marijuana-bill
- World mourns Nelson Mandela December 6, 2013Nelson Mandela, South Africa's beloved first black president and anti-apartheid hero, died Thursday after suffering recurring lung infections that were the legacy of tuberculosis contracted in prison during his long fight against oppression. He was 95. […]
- Town seeks to buy back blind woman's house December 6, 2013Cedar Lake officials to offer Dolores Pittman a 'life estate'Officials in the small Indiana town of Cedar Lake are taking action to make sure a blind woman can stay in the house she lost in a property dispute with an investor who bought her home of 55 years for $43 at a tax sale. […]
- UIC faculty union votes to authorize strike December 6, 2013The University of Illinois at Chicago's faculty union moved one step closer to a strike Thursday after members voted to authorize a walkout, but union leaders will continue to attend mediation sessions with the school's administration as they hash out a labor agreement. […]
- Authorities: Man sexually assaults woman after online chats December 6, 2013Authorities have charged a Chicago man with sexually assaulting a teen he had been communicating with on a social media website, officials said. […]
- Rose unsure about playing for Team USA December 6, 2013Though Bulls would encourage such a bid, Rose says he doesn't know if he will be ready for World CupIn an interview last week, general manager Gar Forman said the Bulls would support Derrick Rose if he pursues landing a spot on Team USA for the 2014 FIBA World Cup as part of his rehabilitation from right knee surgery. […]