Turi invites Joe Lill, coordinator of the Chicago Audubon Society’s Birdathon 2013, to break down the basics for this fundraising competition that will take place over the weekend. Lill also reflects on his own journey in becoming a bird enthusiast and promotes some of the fun activities hosted by the Chicago Audubon Society.
- 216951 CommentBirdathon%212013-05-17+05%3A11%3A27inayangwgnamhttp%3A%2F%2Fwgnradio.com%2F%3Fp%3D21695
- U.S. planes strike militants near Iraq's Amerli, airdrop aid August 31, 2014The United States carried out air strikes on Saturday against Islamic State fighters near the besieged Shi'ite town of Amerli in northern Iraq and airdropped humanitarian aid to civilians trapped there, the Pentagon said. […]
- Fighter 'War Machine' sent to Nevada to face assault charges August 31, 2014The professional fighter known as "War Machine" was in custody in a Las Vegas jail on Saturday after being transferred from Southern California, where he was arrested for assault stemming from an ex-girlfriend's accusation that he beat her in Nevada. […]
- Family calls for federal handling of contested Ohio shooting August 31, 2014Family and supporters of a 22-year-old African American man shot and killed by police in an Ohio Walmart continued to push for answers more than two weeks after the incident. […]
- Border Patrol agent shoots at armed militia member in Texas August 31, 2014A U.S. Border Patrol agent fired several rounds toward an armed militia member in Texas, reigniting concerns among law enforcement officials about conflicts with untrained and unregulated volunteers who have arrived at the Mexican border in the wake of the recent immigration crisis. […]
- Cops: Woman dies following Tri-State crash August 31, 2014A 50-year old woman died after her car hit a truck and then crashed into a light pole on Interstate 294 near Schiller Park early this morning, officials said. […]