Mike Brockway, founder of the excellent blog theexpiredmeter.com, speaks about Mayor Emanuel “settling” the parking meter payment dispute, a parking garage scarcity downtown being unfair to tourists, the extension of the controversial red-light camera contract, and the City’s plan to eliminate lanes of traffic on Ashland to cater to a rapid bus system.
Parking meter fiasco takes new turn
- 19573No CommentsParking+meter+fiasco+takes+new+turn2013-04-30+05%3A43%3A52inayangwgnamhttp%3A%2F%2Fwgnradio.com%2F%3Fp%3D19573
- Suspect in '92 slaying of Niles West student held in Los Angeles July 24, 2014A 71-year-old Los Angeles man has been arrested in California in connection with the 1992 slaying of a Niles West High School honors student who was found strangled with his scarf in a forest preserve near his Skokie home, a spokeswoman for the Cook County sheriff's office said. […]
- Mundelein grad who had brain tumor returning to stage July 24, 2014A week before students were scheduled to perform the musical "The Secret Garden" at Mundelein High School, one of the lead actors was missing from rehearsal. […]
- Teen charged in death of 11-year-old killed at sleepover July 24, 2014A teen was charged in the murder of the 11-year-old girl struck by a stray bullet during a sleepover inside a West Side apartment, authorities said. […]
- Missing Air Algerie flight with 110 passengers has crashed: official July 24, 2014An Air Algerie flight crashed on Thursday en route from Ouagadougou in Burkina Faso to Algiers with 110 passengers on board, an official said. […]
- New Integrys rate structure means lower electricity bills for many July 24, 2014About 60 percent of Chicagoans will see lower rates, about 30 percent of bills will be higherAbout 60 percent of Chicagoans will see lower rates, while about 30 percent of electricity bills will be higher in a new rate structure. […]