Yelp. You may use it for a new restaurant idea, veterinarian or or auto shop because users detail and rate those businesses based on their personal experiences. But is this such a cut-and-dry process? A number of businesses have raised objections that this seemingly innocent review system is anything. Turi examines the issue with LA Times columnist Sandy Banks.
Is Yelp shaking down businesses for good reviews?
- 191781 CommentIs+Yelp+shaking+down+businesses+for+good+reviews%3F2013-04-25+03%3A48%3A06Trey+Ellinghttp%3A%2F%2Fwgnradio.com%2F%3Fp%3D19178
- 2 kids, 2 women still held hostage in Harvey August 20, 2014A standoff that began midday Tuesday when a Harvey police officer was shot continues this morning, with two suspects still barricaded inside a home and holding two children and two women hostage, authorities said. […]
- Journalist with Chicago ties purportedly beheaded by Islamic militants August 20, 2014The mother of American journalist James Foley, who was purportedly beheaded by Islamic militants, said on Tuesday her son gave his life to expose the suffering of the Syrian people and she asked his kidnappers to release their other captives. […]
- Suspects in death of Chicago woman in Bali on suicide watch: police August 20, 2014A Chicago area teenager and her boyfriend are on suicide watch on the Indonesian resort island of Bali as police hold them as suspects in the murder of the woman's mother, whose battered body was found in a suitcase, authorities said. […]
- Man, 21, fatally shot by police on Far South Side August 20, 2014A man on a bike was fatally shot by police on the Far South Side after he aimed a gun at officers, authorities said. […]
- Roosevelt University cuts most programs at Schaumburg campus August 20, 2014On the day a new partnership for its pharmacy school was announced, Roosevelt University also laid out a plan to eliminate virtually everything else at its Schaumburg campus. […]