A sinkhole swallowed three cars in the South Deering neighborhood on the Southeast Side early Thursday morning.
Sinkhole swallows 3 cars on Chicago’s Southeast Side
April showers 2013
- La Russa, Torre, Cox unanimously elected to Hall of Fame December 9, 2013LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Former White Sox manager Tony La Russa was unanimously voted into the Baseball Hall of Fame Monday on the Expansion Era ballot along with former managers Bobby Cox and Joe Torre. […]
- Mother of 2-year-old killed by dog: 'I'm doing OK' December 9, 2013The mother of the 2-year-old girl who was mauled to death by a dog over the weekend said she is "doing OK" this morning and is planning to give needy children the Christmas toys she had planned to give to her daughter. […]
- Snowfall slicks roads, cancels more than 140 flights December 9, 2013Officials are urging commuters to drive cautiously this morning after some three inches of snow fell across the region Sunday night. […]
- Lakeview priest steps aside after allegation of sexual misconduct December 9, 2013The pastor of a Lakeview Roman Catholic parish says he'll step aside after an allegation this week that he engaged in sexual misconduct with a minor 20 years ago while pastor of an Orland Park church, officials said today. […]
- Bears fans warned to bundle up December 9, 2013Chicago emergency officials are urging residents to take precautions to keep warm Monday, with forecasts calling for gusty winds and temperatures dipping into the teens. […]