Hannah’s Pumpkin Muffins
These delicious pumpkin muffins are not only tasty – they fill your home with the most amazing fall aromas!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar (or 3/4 cup white sugar)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (more if you like…)
- 1 can (15 oz) 100% pure pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup 2% fat Greek yogurt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray. Mix flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt. In a separate bowl combine pumpkin, eggs, oil, and yogurt. Combine wet and dry ingredients until just blended. Fill muffin tins halfway to top. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. When cool enough to handle – transfer muffins to rack to finish cooling. You can also put these in cupcake papers (then don’t spray the muffin tins)
Tip: For a smaller treat – use a mini muffin pan – and adjust your bake time to about 8 minutes.