Have you ever helped fund a project on Kickstarter, whether it’s a buck or a hundred? This crowdfunding platform started in 2009 has successfully backed 39,000 projects with the help from almost 4 million people. And now, the City of Chicago has plans to use Kickstarter to help fund small businesses in the city. Eric Olson, civic entrepreneur guru and economist at World Business Chicago, explains to Turi how the project works through a curated Kickstarter page, chats about a current project such as the Tamale Spaceship restaurant plan, and how this collaboration helps boost the Chicago economy and job scene.
City using Kickstarter to fund local businesses
- 16980No CommentsCity+using+Kickstarter+to+fund+local+businesses2013-04-10+05%3A40%3A33inayangwgnamhttp%3A%2F%2Fwgnradio.com%2F%3Fp%3D16980
- Teen charged in death of 11-year-old killed at sleepover July 25, 2014A teen was charged in the murder of the 11-year-old girl struck by a stray bullet during a sleepover inside a West Side apartment, authorities said. […]
- Wreckage of Air Algerie flight found in Mali: Malian state TV July 25, 2014The wreckage of an Air Algerie flight carrying 116 people has been found south of the Malian town of Gao, Malian state television said on Thursday. […]
- 2 dead, including 16-year-old boy, in overnight shootings July 25, 2014Two people were killed and three others hospitalized in critical condition in overnight shootings on the South and Southwest sides, according to police. […]
- Man charged in slaying of Gary police officer July 24, 2014One of three people arrested soon after the slaying of a Gary police officer has been charged in the officer's death, authorities said. […]
- Arrest made in 1992 cold case slaying July 24, 2014A 71-year-old Los Angeles man has been arrested in California in connection with the 1992 slaying of a Niles West High School honors student who was found strangled with his scarf in a forest preserve near his Skokie home, a spokeswoman for the Cook County sheriff's office said. […]