Did you know there’s still a coal-powered steamship sailing on Lake Michigan? Sen. Dick Durbin and environmental groups are urging federal officials to impose tougher limits on the Badger car ferry, hoping to eliminate its noxious wake. Jack Darin, director of the Sierra Club, shares his professional opinion on the issue, and he and Turi consider alternative plans to keep the ferry running without polluting the lake.
Coal-burning Badger ferry faces questions over environmental impact
- 167441 CommentCoal-burning+Badger+ferry+faces+questions+over+environmental+impact2013-04-09+05%3A26%3A58inayangwgnamhttp%3A%2F%2Fwgnradio.com%2F%3Fp%3D16744
- Firefighters battling extra-alarm blaze in Englewood August 28, 2014Firefighters were working this morning to extinguish an extra-alarm fire in a three-story building in the Englewood neighborhood. […]
- Durbin proposes 1 TV debate; Oberweis wants more August 28, 2014State Sen. Jim Oberweis, who won the Republican primary for U.S. Senate this year without facing his opponent in a single televised debate, found himself on the other side of that issue Wednesday as Sen. Dick Durbin agreed to meet him in just one TV debate before the Nov. 4 election. […]
- Jorge Soler starts career with a bang — a big bang August 28, 2014CINCINNATI — Timing is everything in baseball, whether it involves swinging the bat or perhaps even staging an auspicious major league debut. […]
- Indictment says Chicago man defrauded investors August 28, 2014A Chicago man fraudulently raised $160 million from Chinese nationals who invested in his purported plan to build a convention center complex with hotels near O'Hare International Airport, the U.S. attorney's office in Chicago announced Wednesday. […]
- Wednesday's recap: Reds 7, Cubs 5 August 28, 2014The summary […]