The Chicago Cubs’ owners have backed off their self-imposed April 1 deadline for an agreement on the renovation of Wrigley Field.
Cubs, city continues to discuss Wrigley renovation
The Cubs and owner Tom Ricketts are looking to make renovations to Wrigley Field with goals of modernizing the historic park’s facilities and increasing revenue opportunities. Various groups oppose elements of the plans. And, some have come forward with their own proposals for the Cubs.
- Share Story
- Cubs, Axford share interest December 8, 2013LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fl. -- The Chicago Cubs' interest in closer John Axford appears stronger than it was for Ronald Belisario, who agreed to terms earlier this week with the Chicago White Sox. […]
- Murphy's apologizes for offensive Pearl Harbor sign December 8, 2013A Wrigleyville bar involved in the dispute with the Cubs over Wrigley Field renovations apologized Saturday for an offensive sign on its marquee making light of the Pearl Harbor tragedy. […]
- Epstein looks to bolster Cubs roster December 7, 2013Winter meetings chance for acquisitions as president wants help for pitching, outfield and benchPresident Theo Epstein was seen Thursday night at the Bulls game checking his smartphone, hours after prioritizing starting pitching, relief pitching, outfield and bench help for the Cubs entering baseball's winter meetings next week. […]
- Cubs seek to maximize Samardzija's value December 7, 2013Starter either adds to stable of prospects if he's traded or has chance to become key in rotation if he staysRebuild or retain? […]
- Renteria's priorities: teach and motivate December 6, 2013New Cubs manager believes if he gets proper message across to players they will respondRick Renteria and his wife Ilene had a house-hunting appointment Thursday. […]