Plier: Chef Diane DiMeo from “The Taste”
Dave Plier taks with Chef Diane DiMeo about her time on “The Taste” and also gets a delicious deviled egg recipe.
Creamed crab devils eggs, cilantro-guajillo chile remoulade, red onion escabeche relish
This is a Mexican twist on a old school American favorite! If you like spicy, add some chopped jalapeno or serrano chile to the remoulade!
1/2 dozen hard boiled eggs
1/2 pound lump crab meat
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon guajillo chile powder
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 thinly sliced red onion
1 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
4 whole smashed garlic cloves
4 sprigs thyme
1 tablespoon salt
1. Make red onion escabeche: Heat red wine vinegar, thyme, garlic, and salt. Pour over red onions. Let sit.
2. Make remoulade: mix all the mayo with the lemon juice, guajillo chile, and cilantro.
3. Cut eggs in half lengthwise, and scoop out the egg yolks. Reserve the egg whites.
4. Mix little by little the remoulade with the egg yolks until nice and creamy.
5. Fold in lump crab
6. Nicely spoon the egg and crab mixture evenly into the egg whites.
7. Drain the onion escabeche, and garnish with red onions.