Mayor Rahm Emanuel is sounding optimistic that the Chicago Cubs and their Wrigley Field neighbors will settle their differences over a new video screen and more night games at the ballpark.
Cubs jumbotron is sticking point in Wrigley Field renovation deal
The Cubs and owner Tom Ricketts are looking to make renovations to Wrigley Field with goals of modernizing the historic park’s facilities and increasing revenue opportunities. Various groups oppose elements of the plans. And, some have come forward with their own proposals for the Cubs.
- Share Story
- Cubs prospect Edwards throws 2 scoreless innings in return July 24, 2014While Tsuyoshi Wada struggled in his first start Wednesday night at Wrigley Field, the Chicago Cubs received some encouraging news regarding one of their top pitching prospects. […]
- Cubs lose 8-3 while pondering moves for future July 24, 2014Throughout system, they're moving players up and around with several under consideration as September call-upsOutfielder Jorge Soler has one advantage over Triple-A Iowa teammates Javier Baez and Kris Bryant in their quest to reach the major leagues. […]
- Photos: Padres 8, Cubs 3 July 24, 2014[…]
- Theo Epstein stresses hard work remaining July 24, 2014Cubs president lauds those responsible for farm system receiving top ranking but points to results needed at big league levelIn the mind of Cubs President Theo Epstein, the National League standings are a cold but more realistic measuring stick than possessing the farm system Baseball America ranks No. 1. […]
- Greg Maddux big one who got away from Cubs July 24, 2014Hall of Famer won Cy Young, and earned 3 more with Braves because, as agent recalls, Cubs made only take-it-or-leave-it offerThe Cubs were doomed the day Scott Boras arrived on Greg Maddux's doorstep in Las Vegas to try to convince the high school pitcher to let him become his agent. […]