Folk singer and born-again Christian Michelle Shocked stirred controversy after her anti-gay remarks during a recent show in San Francisco. As a result, many venues cancelled her scheduled shows, including Evanston’s SPACE. Turi and radio host/author/Episcopalian minister Ian Punnett (formerly with WGN Radio) discuss the religious reasoning behind the singer’s hate-rant, and Punnett advises how to manage one’s anger in a relationship with God.
Folk singer’s shows cancelled after anti-gay remarks
- 139143 CommentsFolk+singer%27s+shows+cancelled+after+anti-gay+remarks+2013-03-20+05%3A25%3A34inayangwgnamhttp%3A%2F%2Fwgnradio.com%2F%3Fp%3D13914
- Police officer resigns, another is fired after Ferguson incidents August 29, 2014A police officer has resigned after pointing a rifle at protesters during racially charged demonstrations in Ferguson, Missouri, and another has been fired for inappropriate social media posts stemming from the two weeks of civil unrest, officials said on Friday. […]
- Rosa Parks artifacts sold for $4.5 million to Warren Buffett's son August 29, 2014A foundation controlled by the son of billionaire investor Warren Buffett has paid $4.5 million for hundreds of artifacts belonging to civil rights pioneer Rosa Parks, a lawyer for Parks' heirs said on Friday. […]
- Fracking approaches final hurdle in Illinois August 29, 2014Rules that will clear the way for massive oil and gas "fracking" operations to drill in Illinois have been submitted to an Illinois legislative committee for final approval. […]
- No foul play suspected in death of IU student from Libertyville August 29, 2014Officials say they do not suspect foul play in the death of an Indiana University student who was found unresponsive in her sorority house. […]
- Family of instructor killed at Arizona gun range does not blame girl August 29, 2014The ex-wife and children of an Arizona gun range instructor shot and killed by a 9-year-old girl using an Uzi submachine gun do not blame the child and plan on reaching out to her family, according to a TV interview broadcast on Friday. […]