Thousands of revelers gathered along the river, cheering on the time honored tradition of dying the Chicago River green.
Chicagoans celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
- 13492No CommentsChicagoans+celebrate+St.+Patrick%27s+Day2013-03-17+01%3A11%3A31davemarzullowgnamhttp%3A%2F%2Fwgnradio.com%2F%3Fexternal_media%3Dchicagoans-celebrate-st-patricks-day
- Cops who saved kids from fire: 'Do what you need to do' April 16, 2014The smoke was too strong for them to get inside the house, but the two Chicago police officers heard children screaming from the top floor. "I think the first one was the hardest," Officer Samantha Smith said. "I kind of like begged him, like, `C'mon, we're going to catch you, just come on. Come on and get out.'" […]
- Suspicious package closes part of Lake Shore Drive on North Side April 16, 2014The northbound and southbound lanes of Lake Shore Drive were closed between the Wilson and Foster exits this afternoon as police investigated a suspicious object found in the Uptown neighborhood, officials said. […]
- CTA to redo 4 North Side Red Line stations April 16, 2014The CTA will move ahead as early as 2017 with the reconstruction of four stations and the replacement of deteriorating structures on the Red Line north branch. […]
- Cameras help track down suspect in Lakeview sexual assault: cops April 16, 2014A man caught on surveillance cameras has been charged with sexually assaulting a woman as she walked home through a Lakeview alley, according to police. […]
- Illinois could be first state to ban microbeads April 16, 2014Tiny plastic particles found in many facial cleansers and soaps would be phased out of products sold in Illinois in a measure being advanced through the state legislature. […]