The Chicago Transit Authority will be implementing a new payment system starting this summer. The plan introduces the Ventra card, which is linked to a credit or debit card account. But cash-paying riders will have to pay extra. Turi learns the details from Brian Steele, VP of communications and marketing for the CTA.
CTA explains new fare-paying plan
New CTA fare plan
- Russia criticizes EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role July 26, 2014Russia reacted angrily on Saturday to additional sanctions imposed by the European Union over Moscow's role in the Ukraine crisis, saying they would hamper cooperation on security issues and undermine the fight against terrorism and organized crime. […]
- Charges pending against 2 in Orange Line robberies July 26, 2014Charges are pending against two men suspected in the armed robbery of several riders on a CTA Orange Line train last week, police said. […]
- Sliced shoes at the bottom of police torture claim July 26, 2014State panel's ruling casts doubts on 1997 murder case conviction — based in part on the condition of suspect's footwearAfter a paper cutter was allegedly used to try to torture a confession out of him, Jaime Hauad is hoping his old Filas will free him from his life sentence. […]
- Bodies recovered during 12-hour Gaza humanitarian truce July 26, 2014Palestinian death toll tops 1,000Palestinians in the Gaza Strip poured into the streets on Saturday to recover their dead and stock up on food supplies after a 12-hour truce took hold. […]
- 3-year-old boy among 12 shot since Friday afternoon July 26, 2014At least 12 people have been shot in Chicago since Friday afternoon, including a 13-year-old boy fatally shot on the West Side and a 3-year-old boy critically wounded on the Southwest Side. […]