WGN Chief Meteorologist Tom Skilling says that in the Chicago area, it’s snowing at a rate of 1 to 2 inches per hour.
Snowing 1 to 2 inches per hour in Chicago
After an unusually snow-free early winter, the final weeks of winter 2012-2013 have seen a series of snowfalls in the Chicago area that have been enough to close schools, cancel events, and disrupt travel. Even as we are now in meteorological spring, the snow continues.
- Share Story
You Might Also Like
- Oxbow dashes Triple Crown hopes May 19, 2013Oxbow, a 15-1 longshot ridden masterfully by 50-year-old Hall of Famer Gary Stevens, cruised to an easy, wire-to-wire victory in the $1 million Preakness Stakes on Saturday. […]
- Powerball jackpot in 'uncharted territory' May 19, 2013The Powerball being drawn tonight is pushing near the largest lottery jackpot in U.S. history, a Lottery official said. The odds of winning are about 1 in 175 million. […]
- Oxbow wins the Preakness May 18, 2013'Really, it always comes down to the horse,' co-owner Janney saysOrb didn't make it win number two. Instead Oxbow takes the win at this year's Preakness race. […]
- CTU teachers, parents protest school closings May 18, 2013About 100 people, including local teachers, parents and students, marched Saturday morning on the South Side in protest of the proposed closing of 54 schools. […]
- Bill allows tougher penalties in social media based mob attacks May 18, 2013A bill signed into law Saturday allows judges to impose stiffer penalties on people who use social media or other methods of electronic communication to organize mob attacks. […]