Weather report with Tom Skilling.
Skilling: Storm will produce more snow in the city
After an unusually snow-free early winter, the final weeks of winter 2012-2013 have seen a series of snowfalls in the Chicago area that have been enough to close schools, cancel events, and disrupt travel. Even as we are now in meteorological spring, the snow continues.
- Share Story
- The 2014 Equity Jeff Award nominees are... August 21, 2014The flying kilts of "Brigadoon," the immortal barricades of "Les Miserables" and, in general, the lively revivals of director-choreographer Rachel Rockwell dominate the 2014 Joseph Jefferson Award nominations, announced Thursday by the all-volunteer committee that annually honors what it... […]
- Boy, 9, slain in Grand Crossing: 'I'm praying for the whole city' August 21, 2014Antonio Smith liked to tease girls and show off his dance moves in front of his buddies. He loved playing football. Pretty much like any 9-year-old boy. […]
- Illinois will receive $300 million in Bank of America settlement August 21, 2014Bank of America and the Justice Department have reached a record settlement of almost $17 billion to end a long-running probe into the marketing and sale of toxic mortgage securities by the bank and particularly its Countrywide Financial and Merrill Lynch units. […]
- Americans treated for Ebola released from hospital; pose no public health risk August 21, 2014Two American aid workers discharged from an Atlanta hospital after being treated for Ebola pose no health risk to the public, an Emory University Hospital doctor said on Thursday. […]
- Rahm Emanuel defends Michael Bloomberg in wake of NRA criticism August 21, 2014Mayor Rahm Emanuel voiced support on Twitter for Michael Bloomberg after the National Rifle Association purchased ad time to attack the former New York mayor's gun control work. […]