Weather report with Tom Skilling.
Skilling: Storm will produce more snow in the city
After an unusually snow-free early winter, the final weeks of winter 2012-2013 have seen a series of snowfalls in the Chicago area that have been enough to close schools, cancel events, and disrupt travel. Even as we are now in meteorological spring, the snow continues.
- Share Story
You Might Also Like
- Hearing set in lawsuits over Chicago school closings May 23, 2013A day after the controversial Chicago Board of Education vote to shut down 50 schools, a federal judge today scheduled a four-day hearing in July to decide whether to halt the closures. […]
- Mom, boyfriend plead not guilty in Maywood child's death May 23, 2013A Maywood mother and her boyfriend pleaded not guilty today to charges they beat and killed her baby son before putting his body in the Des Plaines River. […]
- Suspects in London cleaver attack known to British security services May 23, 2013Two British men of Nigerian descent accused of hacking a soldier to death on a London street in revenge for wars in Muslim countries were known to security services, a source close to the investigation said Thursday. […]
- 2 found dead in car in West Englewood identified May 23, 2013Police continue to investigate the deaths of two men, one a Cook County records clerk, discovered inside a white Camaro in the West Englewood neighborhood. […]
- 50 Chicago schools to close; teachers union vows to fight on May 23, 2013Mayor Rahm Emanuel's hand-picked Board of Education gave a ringing endorsement to his vision for a downsized school system, voting to shut 49 elementary schools and one high school program and transfer thousands of children to new classroom settings. […]