The Winter Storm Warning is now in effect from 9 am to midnight tonight. Tom Skilling has the latest from inside WGN’s Chicago Weather Center.
Skilling: Biggest snow storm of the season
After an unusually snow-free early winter, the final weeks of winter 2012-2013 have seen a series of snowfalls in the Chicago area that have been enough to close schools, cancel events, and disrupt travel. Even as we are now in meteorological spring, the snow continues.
- Share Story
You Might Also Like
- Officials identify silvery substance at Indiana dunes June 19, 2013Preliminary tests indicate the substance included d'gluconic acid, a mild acid used to clean metals, and tricalcium orthophosphate, an additive found in food and fertilizers. […]
- Illinois smartphone users overpaying by $1.4B a year June 19, 2013New study says the figure breaks down to about $194 a year in overpayment for every smartphone user and $30 a year in overpayment by traditional wireless users. […]
- Chief Keef's legal woes mount with Florida warrant June 18, 2013As if things aren’t bad enough for rapper Chief Keef, an arrest warrant is waiting for him in Florida. […]
- Jimmy Hoffa search: FBI digs in Michigan field June 18, 2013FBI agents in suburban Detroit widened their search of an overgrown field today for the remains of former Teamsters union boss Jimmy Hoffa, who disappeared nearly 38 years ago and is thought to have been murdered by mobsters. […]
- Ban on plastic bags makes comeback at City Hall June 18, 2013Aldermen today listened to environmentalists and a teenage girl make the case for banning plastic bags in city stores, but were not expected to vote on the long-discussed move that retailers argue would hurt business. […]