The Summer Place Theatre Announces Auditions for 2013 Season
The Summer Place, Naperville’s premier community theater since 1966, is looking to cast its summer season: “The Man Who Came To Dinner,” “Legally Blonde,” and “Oklahoma.”
THE MAN WHO CAME TO DINNER
The comedy, The Man Who Came To Dinner, written by George S. Kaufman and Moss Hart will hold auditions Sunday April 21 and Monday, April 22, 2013. Performances will be held in the auditorium at Naperville Central High School on June 7, 8, 9 and June 14, 15, 16. Our director for this production is Billy Surges, Elmhurst College graduate and director of last summer’s comedy Harvey.
- Sunday, April 21 – 1PM – 5PM: Community Room at Naperville Central High School, Entrance 28.
- Monday, April 22 – 7PM – 930PM: The Alfred E Ruben Community Center; 305 W. Jackson; Naperville, IL
Callbacks (if needed)
- Tuesday, April 23 – 7PM – 930PM: The Alfred E Ruben Community Center; 305 W. Jackson; Naperville, IL
The Director is seeking to cast up to 35 men and women from age 18 to adult. Please prepare a one-minute period monologue reflecting the 1940’s and be prepared to do cold readings. Please email email@example.com with questions.
The blockbuster movie made into a Broadway Smash will be holding auditions for cast members on May 5, 6, 7. It will open on June 28 and continue its run through July 16th. (Please Note: the show will not run the 4th of July weekend). Rehearsals will take place Sunday through Thursday, The entire cast will not be called every day. Anthony Berg returns to direct this exciting musical production.
- Saturday, May 4 – 1PM – 5PM – The Alfred E Ruben Community Center; 305 W. Jackson; Naperville, IL
• Monday, May 6, 7PM – 10PM – The Alfred E Ruben Community Center; 305 W. Jackson; Naperville, IL
Please contact 630-730-0313 to schedule an audition time. Audition appointments will be taken beginning April 6th at 9AM through May 4, 2013 at 5PM. Walk-ins will be welcome and seen on a first-come, first-served basis when audition times are available.
Callbacks (if needed)
- Tuesday, May 7 7PM – 10PM The Alfred E Ruben Community Center; 305 W. Jackson; Naperville, IL
The Director is seeking a cast of up to 40 people, including 17 or more women and 10 or more men. Roles are available for talent 18+. Please bring a headshot and resume if available to you. All those auditioning will be asked to sing and dance. Please prepare 16-32 bars of a song (not from Legally Blonde) of a Contemporary Broadway or Pop arrangement that demonstrates the character and vocal range of the role that you are auditioning for. Please wear hair up and away from the face, and wear comfortable clothes for movement. If you have a special talent or skill, please come prepared to amaze us.
Callbacks will consist of cold readings from the script and selected song choices per character that you are being considered for. No dancing will be required at callbacks; please dress for a professional audition. For more information, please email, Legallyblonde@summerplacetheatre.org
The Summer Place closes out their 2013 Season with a celebration of the 70th Anniversary of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s OKLAHOMA! Auditions are May 19, 20 and 21, with callbacks May 22, if needed. Show dates are July 26, 27, 28 and August 2, 3, 4 in the Auditorium at Naperville Central High School. Rehearsals will be in Naperville Sunday through Thursday as called; however, not all cast will be called every day. Children will usually be called on Sundays. We welcome veteran Bradley Baker as Director for this classic musical:
- Saturday – May 18, 1PM – 5PM – Children from 1PM – 2PM; Adults 2- 5 The Alfred E Ruben Community Center; 305 W. Jackson; Naperville, IL
- Monday – May 20 – 7PM – 10PM - Children from 7PM – 8PM; Adults 8-10 The Alfred E Ruben Community Center; 305 W. Jackson; Naperville, IL
- Tuesday – May 21 – 7PM – 10PM – Children from 7PM – 8PM. Adults 8 – 10 The Alfred E Ruben Community Center; 305 W. Jackson; Naperville, IL
Children 8 – 13 are asked to attend the first hour of auditions
Callbacks if Needed
- Wednesday, May 22 – 87PM – 10PM The Alfred E Ruben Community Center; 305 W. Jackson; Naperville, IL
Please be prepared to sing 16 – 32 bars from a Classic Broadway show that best reflects your voice. Dress comfortably for a dance audition. The Director is looking to cast up to 70 people, to include: 23 principles, and a strong dancer and vocal chorus, including children (age 8+) young adults and adults of varied ages. Families are encouraged to audition together! We are also looking for specific skilled ballet and lyrical dancers for the Laurie ballet. For more information, please email Oklahoma@summerplacetheatre.org.
Founded by Donald Jamison and Dr. Donald Shanower of North Central College in 1966, the first seasons were held in a circus tent on an empty parking lot with seats donated by a local movie house. After several tornadoes the site was replaced with an outdoor pavilion, which, thanks to the Great Blizzard of 1979, was again replaced. Since then the company moved to Naperville Central High School and has remained a part of the community since its inception.
For more information please contact Lynn Hodak (630) 624-5064