Christina Villegas, visiting fellow at the Independent Forum, joins Mike to discuss the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act.
For more information visit www.iwf.org.
VIEW & ADD COMMENTS
Mike should stick to topics that he knows something about, although I don't know what those would be. The comments made today about domestic violence are insulting to victims of violence and show, once again, that Mike's opinions are delivered from a bully pulpit and are totally without facts. He seems to think that women should avoid annoying men in order to prevent violence. What nonsense!
I was totally amazed at the erroneous information you had on your show about domestic violence. Just for one example, you stated that abuse is a 50/50 matter between men and women. A small amount of investigation would have informed you that of spouses killed each year by their partners, 84% are women which leaves 16% being men. That does not sound 50/50 to me. You endanger women who may now be afraid to come forward about abuse in their homes because of your conversation. I have practiced law for 38 years and dealt with 100's of abuse situations. In all of them, only one was a man. I was very disappointed that such a powerful station would allow this on the air.
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of follow-up comments via email.
Notify me of new posts via email.
Most of us are there once a week and spending a ton of cash each visit. At 2:10am find out the highest rated gas stations with @nickdshow.2 hours
.@DeanRichards & @nickdshow think it’s one of the best movies of the year…but does @PattiVasquezCHI's mom agree? She'll review Boyhood NEXT5 hours
RT @NightGameChi: Did you miss last Friday's #NoneofYourBusiness with @PattiVasquezCHI from @WGNRadio ? Here u go: wp.me/p4lII5-2AN v…7 hours