Carnival Triumph arrives in Mobile, Alabama, ending an ordeal for thousands of passengers and crew.
Carnival Triumph: Nightmare voyage comes to an end
The cruise liner Carnival Triumph suffered an engine room fire that resulted in the shutdown of critical systems. As a result, the thousands of people on board have had to suffer through days of unbearable conditions as the boat was towed to shore.
- Share Story
No suspects in the shooting of six people at a house party in the South Austin neighborhood in Chicago this morning2 days
Contact lost with Malaysia Airlines flight between Kuala Lumpur and Beijing. Flight 2 hours late for arrival. Stay with 720 WGN for updates.3 days
Cardinal George is facing more chemotherapy after new cancer activity was found near his right kidney.4 days
- 10 wounded, 1 fatally, in city shootings March 11, 2014Four people were shot, at least one of them fatally, on the South and Northwest sides Monday evening in Chicago, authorities said. […]
- Backlog of needs prevents transit expansion, officials say March 11, 2014Shortfall prevents expansion of CTA, Metra, Pace, officials sayWhen a task force appointed by Gov. Pat Quinn issues its long-awaited report on mass transit reform later this month, it is expected to recommend ways to tackle what officials say is a multibillion-dollar shortfall in funding. […]
- Chicago Spire's fate on the line as trial gets underway March 11, 2014Developer Garrett Kelleher and Related Midwest will square off in bankruptcy court TuesdayThe battle for control of Chicago's best-known hole in the ground is about to commence. […]
- Water main break forces Blue Line stop closure March 11, 2014A water main break near the Grand Avenue Blue Line subway stop forced the closure of the stop for two hours as crews dealt with the break and flooding. […]
- Sarah Kustok: I don't believe my father killed my mother March 11, 2014Allan Kustok's face twisted into a pained grimace as he watched his daughter walk to the front of the courtroom where he has been on trial for the alleged murder of his wife. […]