Carnival Triumph arrives in Mobile, Alabama, ending an ordeal for thousands of passengers and crew.
Carnival Triumph: Nightmare voyage comes to an end
The cruise liner Carnival Triumph suffered an engine room fire that resulted in the shutdown of critical systems. As a result, the thousands of people on board have had to suffer through days of unbearable conditions as the boat was towed to shore.
- Share Story
You Might Also Like
Stockton police chief Robert Beeter indicted on charges he used a police database to hack into e-mail accounts & get personal information.2 hours
- Emanuel praises CTA for 'flawless' rollout of Red Line project May 22, 2013Mayor says result will be worth the temporary inconvenienceMayor Rahm Emanuel on Tuesday lauded Chicago Transit Authority workers for their efforts as the five-month Red Line reconstruction project this week, stressing that the riders' inconvenience will be worth it in the end. […]
- Tornado 'was like a freight train' May 21, 2013Rescue workers today went building to building in search of victims a day after a massive tornado tore through a suburb of Oklahoma City, killing at least 24 people. […]
- Lawsuit against ex-Jesuit priest McGuire settled for $19.6M May 21, 2013Lawyers for six plaintiffs today announced a $19.6 million settlement of a lawsuit against the Chicago Province of the Society of Jesus involving allegations of sex abuse by now-defrocked Jesuit priest Donald McGuire. […]
- 'Bishop' bomber sentenced to 37 years in prison May 21, 2013An Iowa machinist known as "The Bishop" for mailing threatening letters and explosive devices to investment firm executives across the country was sentenced today to 37 years in federal prison. […]
- Guilty plea in fatal stabbing of Bears fan in Fla. May 21, 2013A Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Chicago fan who had traveled to Jacksonville to see a game between the Bears and the Jaguars last fall. […]