Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel announced the new alderman for the 7th Ward Monday. Natashia Holmes will replace Sandi Jackson.
Natashia Holmes replaces Sandi Jackson as 7th Ward Alderman
Jesse Jackson Jr.
Jesse Jackson Jr., once a rising star in the Democratic Party, has now become a tragic figure following connections to political and personal scandals, an extended illness shrouded in mystery, a resignation, and now, Federal charges.
- Share Story
You Might Also Like
- Tornado 'was like a freight train' May 21, 2013Rescue workers today went building to building in search of victims a day after a massive tornado tore through a suburb of Oklahoma City, killing at least 24 people. […]
- Lawsuit against ex-Jesuit priest McGuire settled for $19.6M May 21, 2013Lawyers for six plaintiffs today announced a $19.6 million settlement of a lawsuit against the Chicago Province of the Society of Jesus involving allegations of sex abuse by now-defrocked Jesuit priest Donald McGuire. […]
- 'Bishop' bomber sentenced to 37 years in prison May 21, 2013An Iowa machinist known as "The Bishop" for mailing threatening letters and explosive devices to investment firm executives across the country was sentenced today to 37 years in federal prison. […]
- Guilty plea in fatal stabbing of Bears fan in Fla. May 21, 2013A Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Chicago fan who had traveled to Jacksonville to see a game between the Bears and the Jaguars last fall. […]
- Sen. Kirk backs Commerce nominee Penny Pritzker May 21, 2013Sen. Mark Kirk, an Illinois Republican, announced today that he will vote in favor of Illinois' Penny Pritzker to lead the Commerce Department. […]